Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

mizu
just joined
Topic Author

Working CCR with LCD removed?

Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:56 pm

Hello,

I have searched through the forum but I couldn't find a clear answer.

I have all my current equipment (No built in LCD equipment) working with the top cover removed due to high temps. It is working perfectly and I am thinking on purchasing a CCR (one with the LCD 1009 or 1036 with SFP+ 10G port(s)) and wondering if it would cause any issues if LCD cable and cover is removed completly from it.

My guess is LCD module will not be detected by the system and then it will continue working as normal but with disabled LCD controls or maybe disabled LCD package? or just panic and stop working!?

If anyone here or Mikrotik staff could let me know what would be the behaviour of the CCR it would be really helpful!

Thank you

Mizu

Valexus
just joined

Re: Working CCR with LCD removed?

Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:33 pm

The CCR1009 and CCR1036 have build-in fans. If you remove the top cover you make the cooling much worse!

mizu
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:42 pm

Yes, you are right.
What about the CCR1009-7G-SFP+PC, I think that should fit perfetly my needs and let me remove the top cover to improve colling even more and at the same time get no noise at all?
It is just to know if CCR could run with the LCD removed.
Thank you

wenasong
just joined

Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:28 pm

Yes, you are right.
What about the CCR1009-7G-SFP+PC, I think that should fit perfetly my needs and let me remove the top cover to improve colling even more and at the same time get no noise at all?
Thank you
It will work, no error logged. Bought a scrap 1016 from India, without the LCD it works. Anyway there is a CCR1016-BU, this model comes without the LCD, just the board.

mizu
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:41 pm

It will work, no error logged. Bought a scrap 1016 from India, without the LCD it works. Anyway there is a CCR1016-BU, this model comes without the LCD, just the board.
Those are great news wenasong! I think I will give the CCR1009-7G-1C-1S+PC a try, Thank you!

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:08 pm

Yes, you are right.
Thank you
It does have an LCD:

But like everyone said, the devices function perfectly without the LCD. Even might save a few CPU cycles.
No answer to your question? How to write posts