Any improvement about this?

Alferez
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Usage GPON module SFP in Spain

Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:31 pm

Hello Alferez
Do you've any new about Huawei Gpon?
Sorry for not being able to answer before.
I have not been able to do the tests yet since it does not just depend on me, so I do not know that "idont" has my sfp, and until I do not have the idont I will not be able to search it inside the eeprom and make the modification.
http://www.alferez.es | MTCNA | MTCRE | MTCINE

Cascuda
Topic Author

Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:58 pm

Any improvement about this?
If we have help by mikrotik, we could have a solution.... The help is simple, only had to update your Gpon and that permit the modifcation of idONT.

Alferez
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:54 pm

Finally I was able to deliver the sfp today so this person will put it in their network and try to get the idon that appears to him in the registry.

With Idont observer, I will try to look for it in the eeprom and make the change.

I go slow, but I hope to get good results.

iceking2nd
just joined

Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:13 pm

Is there any new infomation of the new firmware?

Cascuda
Topic Author

Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:08 am

Is there any new infomation of the new firmware?
Hello,
We be pending of the libration by Mikrotik of new firw. We haven't more info....

Alferez
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:29 am

In my case, a people that can check my sfp on their equipment, His system no detect my sfp. :(
Does anyone know of any other options to try to detect the sfp idont?
Mikrotik release new sfp module firmware at same time that ros 7????

crc666
just joined

Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:08 pm

Not exactly what you are looking for but for the time being... a cheap solution (30euro) and it talks to NaranjaES
sn4pon.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cascuda
Topic Author

Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:22 pm

Not exactly what you are looking for but for the time being... a cheap solution (30euro) and it talks to NaranjaES

sn4pon.png
Do you have a TP-LINK TX-6610 work fine with Orange Spain? We also want this solution but with the SFP of Mikrotik or other manufacturers.
When you installed this ONU, Did you have to talk witn Orange Spain for change? or you only, change the IdONT and all oK ¿?¿?

More info about TP-LINK TX-6610 --> http://www.tp-link.es/products/details/ ... -6610.html

vicentnb1
just joined

Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:27 pm

sn4pon.png
Why in god's name Tp-link can make it and not mikrotik? :lol:
Guifi.net - Open, Libre and Neutral Telecommunications Network - http://guifi.net/

Cascuda
Topic Author

Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:29 pm

sn4pon.png
I think that Mikrotik haven't interest in update your GPON or create a new GPON... I hope to be wrong....

Cascuda
Topic Author

Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:59 pm

@normis Can you tell us something about this topic? You're of support Mikrotik, Can you tell a expected date for the new firmware of your gpon?

CarlitoxxPro
just joined

Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:03 pm

I think like you, they are not interested in exploiting this feature, They do not really care what the customer needs, it is sad, but it is reality, They do not confirm anything or even give a clear answer on this topic.

sn4pon.png
I think that Mikrotik haven't interest in update your GPON or create a new GPON... I hope to be wrong....

msatter
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:19 pm

I read this in the beginning of the thread.
Hello,

There is a new firmware in development at the moment. When it's released then it will be possible to change various registration ID's and Passwords in the module. At the moment however it is not yet know when it's going to be released.

Also current batch modules will only be upgradable through OLT.

Best regards,
Krisjanis
I can understand that it takes a long time now and the tone is getting bitter reading the last posting. Just politely talk to support and inquire if there is an update on the new firmware.

A lot of things are waiting on the moment for Mikrotik to be tackled and this request is one of many.
Two RB760iGS (hEX S) in series. One does PPPoE/IKEv2 and the other does the rest of the tasks.
Running:
RouterOS 6.46Beta / Winbox 3.19 / MikroTik APP 1.2.10
Having an Android device, use https://github.com/M66B/NetGuard/releases no root required

crc666
just joined

Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:08 am

sn4pon.png
Do you have a TP-LINK TX-6610 work fine with Orange Spain? We also want this solution but with the SFP of Mikrotik or other manufacturers.
When you installed this ONU, Did you have to talk witn Orange Spain for change? or you only, change the IdONT and all oK ¿?¿?
It synchronizes fast and works well on the optical level. SN and password was taken from my Livebox Fibra (Arcadyan PRV3399B-B-LT) Call to support was not needed.
When I switched to TX-6610 existing routing was still in place. New DHCP renewal/request is currently not possible. It fails the DHCP Option 90 - Authentication.
I found plenty of information on French forums about their Option 90 format (fti/xxxxxx) but not much of information on Spanish forums.

Chinese marketplace website - aliexpress, lists many affordable SFP modules from diffrent manufacturers. I am going to order 2 SFP modules and try to read/write the SN location. Will report back.

Alferez
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:19 pm

Chinese marketplace website - aliexpress, lists many affordable SFP modules from diffrent manufacturers. I am going to order 2 SFP modules and try to read/write the SN location. Will report back.
I am trying and for the time the result is not the expected. I can read the eeprom and write it, but the famous idont is elsewhere in memory that I'm not sure whether or not I have access.

iceking2nd
just joined

Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:39 pm

New firmware do not have ETA :cry:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

alligator57
just joined

Mon May 01, 2017 4:32 pm

After reading the last comment, Im very dissapointed with Mikrotik, I have been waiting for this more than a year, and finally mikrotik do nothing for his customer.

Cisco or Huawei can solve that problem, so Bye Bye Mikrotik....

CarlitoxxPro
just joined

Wed May 31, 2017 4:50 pm

After an exaustive research and testing, we find the way to reprogram our sfp modules to work with our ISP where idONT (password) is required to authenticate and join into the GPON network

1st: is imposible to reprogram entirely sfp module using a eeprom programer via SFP adapter, the only way is extracting the memory chip (Marvell Avanta MC-88F6601), using an hot airflow pistol to desoldering

after of this you can access to the entirely memory where you find an embeded linux version over and squashfs filesystem.

2 nd: dump the memory content, decompile and modify the file /etc/xml_params/gpon_xml_cfg_file.xml with the followed values:
<PON_serial_num>MKTK00010203</PON_serial_num>  (with the GPON serial number of your old ONT, careful is not the sn of the sticker of the ONT)
<PON_passwd>1234567890</PON_passwd>   the password

3 rd: recompile the rom and reflash the sfp module

4 th: resoldering the memory chip reassambling the module

5 th: inser on your Router/switch and configure to fowarding the connection over this interface, remember configure VLANs if you ISP works with them, and check if all works great, (you need to be sure than the memory checksum is correct or your module dont be recognize correctly by your router/switch)

i hope than this info can help you, Since, none of us receive support from mikrotik and they are not interested in solving the needs of their customers.

Alferez
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:56 am

Did it work?
Congratulations!!!!

I have in mind another option, since as you say can not be reprogrammed.
I have a second ONT that has integrated fiber optic module.
The idea was to get the pinout of that module and compare it with the sfp.
If it matches (I think I remember what I had already seen is yes) solder an sfp adapter instead of the fiber optic module, in this way try to configure the IDONT on the ONT in the hope that this is written in the sfp.

Here you can see ONT
HUAWEI-HG8240-PIC-1.jpg

DeVlL
just joined

Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:35 am

I am also from Spain and I have optical fiber with movistar. It would be nice to be able to put any SFP and configure it in the mikrotik directly. Hopefully in the next firmware can be done.

DeVlL
just joined

Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:53 pm

Mi sfp is Huawei HPSP2120.
This information are generic of sfp, y think that are same for Gpon.
Can you take a picture of the inside of the SFP Huawei HPSP2120?

I want to see what chip you have so you can unsolder it and try to change the s / n idont

Thank you

Spanish:

¿Me puedes hacer una foto de la parte interior del SFP Huawei HPSP2120?

Quiero ver que chip tiene para así poder desoldarlo y intentar cambian el s/n idont

Gracias

ntam
just joined

Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:32 pm

Hi, I am also want the feature requested in this post, It could be very handy such feature in the routerOS and the GPON compatibility would increase the sales and helps the advanced users.

Mikrotik, take care of this and push up the new firmware with this features..

thanks in advance
Regards,
Nelson.

Alferez
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:52 pm

Mi sfp is Huawei HPSP2120.
This information are generic of sfp, y think that are same for Gpon.
Can you take a picture of the inside of the SFP Huawei HPSP2120?

I want to see what chip you have so you can unsolder it and try to change the s / n idont

Thank you

Spanish:

¿Me puedes hacer una foto de la parte interior del SFP Huawei HPSP2120?

Quiero ver que chip tiene para así poder desoldarlo y intentar cambian el s/n idont

Gracias
Sorry for the delay

Those are the ones I have on hand and I know they are not very thin, because I left it to try it and have not yet returned it. I hope to have it by the end of next week back.

---------

Perdona que no te contestara antes.

Image Image

Esas son las que tengo a mano y se que no son muy finas, porque lo dejé para que lo probasen y aun no me lo han devuelto. Espero tenerlo a finales de la próxima semana de vuelta.

Alferez
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:56 pm

I just reviewed my photo and one found here: viewtopic.php?t=88041&start=50
And is my imagination or the SFP of Mikrotik is exactly the same as the one I have?
--------------------------------------

Acabo de revisar mi foto y una encontrada aquí: viewtopic.php?t=88041&start=50
¿Y es mi imaginación o el SFP de Mikrotik es exactamente el mismo que el que yo tengo?

DeVlL
just joined

Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:23 pm

The photos you put do not let the chip see. They are blurred.

In contrast the photos that you comment of the link, the one of the forum of mikrotik already had seen them. Is the chip that has your SFP and the photo shown at viewtopic.php?t=88041&start=50 the same?

Las fotos que has puesto no dejan ver el chip. Están borrosas.

En cambio las fotos que comentas del link, el del foro de mikrotik ya las habia visto. ¿El chip que tiene tu SFP y la foto que se muestra en viewtopic.php?t=88041&start=50 son iguales?

ntam
just joined

Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:54 pm

Hi,

@Mikrotik's team, any news about this? when will You will free the version that let us change the serial (idont )and password for the GPON device?

hurry up!

Regards,
ntam.

souf
just joined

Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:29 pm

Hi,
I'm waiting too for a solution for change the serial (idont) and password for the GPON device.
Regards

Cascuda
Topic Author

Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:18 am

If mikrotik can't help ... We seek a solution to your SFP module and we can say to we have, a module that works well with Orange Spain.
More info --> https://goo.gl/ZfGVfm

CarlitoxxPro
just joined

Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:34 pm

Its correct, we found a way to configure correctly a module SFP GPON ONU to work very well with our routers mikrotik and differents ISP in spain like ORANGE, MOVISTAR and JAZZTEL, updating the firmware of our module and setting the SN, SLID(password) and other things required by some ISP like ORANGE and JAZZTEL, via web ui and telnet, no configurations needed on router mikrotik, this works like a traditional ONT (external).

Is very sad than mikrotik doesn't care their customers and dont provide any type of solution to this topic, but our effort to get the solution gived the success and now we are very happy with this solution, after a huge quantity of hours of test and fails, we got it..

+info here: https://www.facebook.com/CarlitoxxPro/

Shadeofspirit
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:32 pm

good news! it looks like solution not only for your problem! in Belarus is the same situation
MTCNA, MTCWE

Alferez
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:40 pm

Congratulations!!!!

I guess the sfp itself has a web interface where you configure Idont / Ploam and the connection you make it directly on the sfp just like we had the cable connected to the ont port now.
It is right?

Cascuda
Topic Author

Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:35 pm

Congratulations!!!!

I guess the sfp itself has a web interface where you configure Idont / Ploam and the connection you make it directly on the sfp just like we had the cable connected to the ont port now.
It is right?
Hello friend,
I have the next articule with more explain about how can you simulate the same configuration that we. ---> https://goo.gl/xfKX83

veleth
just joined

Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:39 pm

Hi! Such good work here! Has Mikrotik any eta on its own spf module firmware upgrade to make it more "flexible"? I am very disappointed with the Mikrotik GPON-ONU module...

gastonet
just joined

Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:38 pm

I'm from Argentina, also waiting for Mikrotik's firmware update.

For now, I only have a paperweight.

Melody5781

Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:34 am

@crc666 Agree. And I know another Chinese web site that do good at fiber optics. In many theads I have seen lists of workable transceivers with Mikrotik gears and the goods from FiberStore was among them. The owners of the other manufacturers' module reported back the testing result to confirm whether it works or not. So the thread also lists not-work transceivers, you can avoid using them if you own exact the same gear.

NoellEagan
just joined

Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Hi...i am a new user here. As per my knowledge there are many people, to use a more cheap and robust hardware like mikrotik, and avoid the poor hardware of their ISP's, but for the moment mikrotik no respond the questions, and I think the best option is go away to another brand like cisco or telnet, a little bit more expensive but they offer this solution.

pcba prototype
Last edited by NoellEagan on Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alferez
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:03 pm

i don't know any other brand that offer this solution. i don't know a ONT Router from Cisco with this feature. In Spain the ISP use a combo with Idont + Serial Number and/or with version number. Mikrotik no aswered because no have this solution only it's compatible with standard or manual systems. Same as Ubiquiti.
Other brands that Zisa make that ONT only have one interface and no is a ethernet, it's a sfp interface.
With this ONT/SFP you can put into a mikrotik, cisco, ubiquiti, because at this device you are conneting a SFP, no a fiber.

d3m0

Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:00 pm

Any update about this topic? I've read all posts in thread but links to valero-torres.es shows website is under manteniance. Anybody has copy of this info? It will be great to include in mikrotik's wiki (although they don't be worth of it)

Thanks!

Delboy
just joined

Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:33 pm

d3m0

Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:47 am

Thanks!

jlpedrosa
just joined

Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:14 pm

Hi

I´m also interested in this thread A LOT. I´m going to have 1Gb simetric, and I´ll need a good router with ipsec. If Mikrotic would have support to configure all the gpon settings required would be an excellent option.

Any update on the firmware? I´ve seen in other threads that the software version numbers must be configurable to get it up and running, so this also should be a value to be configured

Lisendra
just joined

Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:55 pm

Hi

I´m also interested in this thread A LOT. I´m going to have 1Gb simetric, and I´ll need a good router with ipsec. If Mikrotic would have support to configure all the gpon settings required would be an excellent option.

Any update on the firmware? I´ve seen in other threads that the software version numbers must be configurable to get it up and running, so this also should be a value to be configured
At this moment the main problem is that the SFP GPON (ONT) module isn't configurable at all, from mikrotik, it cast his ID to the OLT of your provider, without password or anything, and it's not some traditional PPPOE connection or similar , the ISP provider will have to accept your ONT SN into his pool on the OLT and it's gonna have to configure it's without a Vlan, there more into this, but just the fact that the ISP has to accept your ONT serial , is the number 1 problem here, most of them see it ( i would also) as a possible security breach since they won't have access on the customer's ONT, won't be able to applie updates for potencial security breach, they will have to follow one more manufacturer's devices for possible critical security breach and so on.
Your best bet is to buy another SFP (there chiness good one actually) and use it since mikrotik isn't able or doesn't want to provide more feature into this product.
I hope this answer help you as best as possible.
Lise.

jlpedrosa
just joined

Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:31 pm

For orange spain they even check the Software versions, and they must match the ones they have registered in the OLT, so we need a GPON SFP that is able to do so.
They guy in this forum that manged to do it with the chinse SFP had to re write the firmware manually to cheat the versions.
Do you know of one that has all those settings configurable without making too much magic?

Thanks!

JL

Lisendra
just joined

Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:51 pm

For orange spain they even check the Software versions, and they must match the ones they have registered in the OLT, so we need a GPON SFP that is able to do so.
They guy in this forum that manged to do it with the chinse SFP had to re write the firmware manually to cheat the versions.
Do you know of one that has all those settings configurable without making too much magic?

Thanks!

JL
Please don't take my word for it, if i remember correctly it was a "ZISA op151s gpon onu ont sfp" the price was in a fork of 50/150EUR piece, but honnestly i would strongly advise to avoid this for now with the mikrotik equipment, the best for you is to just use the ISP's router in Bridge mode , and get everything in the mikrotik by ethernet (the mikrotik does the PPPOE connection throught the ISP's router, it's the best.
I personaly wanted to have my mikrotik direktly connected with the ISP to reduce device faillure and control everything from the source, but honestly if your gonna go for some chiness GPON module that isn't supported officialy by the routerOS then , maybe the best is still to use the ISP equipment, so the ISP isn't gonna start to investigate and freak out on the next software update when your GPON isn't updating like every other ONT from there network.

GPON on mikrotik isn't for tomorow it seem unfortunatly,
best regards,
Lise.

kesthers
just joined

Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:12 pm

Hi,
I recently buyed an ZISA OP151S GPON SFP module,
I successfuly change SN and SLID to match with my ISP (Movistar)
however, I can not establish a connection.

Hal# -----------------ONT Info-----------------
OMCC state : Ready
ONU ID : 1
SN : MSTC2bXXXXXX
Password : F2017XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Power Level : 1
Ont State : O5 OPERATION
Ranging State: UNKNOWN
Admin state : UNLOCK

I think problem is in ranging state, that is unknown.

Can anyone help me to find the solutions?

Regards

jlpedrosa
just joined

Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:35 pm

Hi Guys

I got a SFP from Zisa, but after pluging it to the router, I don't have a clue how to access the SFP, I've tried telnet from the mikrotik itself or from a lan conencted to the mikrotic, but no signal from ip 192.168.1.1, I've also tried to asign that ip range to the interface, but no luck. Can anyone explain me how to connect to the SFP to connect to it?

Thanks!

jlpedrosa
just joined

Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:00 am

Hi

I think you're almost there, I think now you need to create the vlan in the interface (6 for data) and enable dhcp client to get your pub IP and def route. Could you please post the exact steps you followed to get to that state? What values (and how do they look like) for movistar?

Also: I can only connect to the sfp through telnet, when the fiber is connected and only if i open the telnet from the router, it does not work from any pc.. any hint for this?

thanks jl

souf
just joined

Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:14 pm

Hi,
I recently buyed an ZISA OP151S GPON SFP module,
I successfuly change SN and SLID to match with my ISP (Movistar)
however, I can not establish a connection.

Hal# -----------------ONT Info-----------------
ONU ID : 1
SN : MSTC2bXXXXXX
Password : F2017XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I think problem is in ranging state, that is unknown.

Can anyone help me to find the solutions?

Regards
Hi,
do you have any update? works?
Regards

d3m0

Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:44 pm

I'm in the same situation as last posts. I'm trying to get movistar ftth working with Zisa gpon sfp+ module. In my particular case SN matches mac address from HGU all-in-one router/ont/crap provided by ISP movistar.

Hal# show ont-----------------ONT Info-----------------
ONU ID : 56
SN : e8d1XXXXXXXX
Password : F2017XXXXXXXXX000000

any updates?

Thanks