Community discussions

MikroTik App

blingblouw
Topic Author

CSS326-24G-2S+RM - with POE

Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:55 pm

So I saw this guy on Routerboard.com

Looks cool, I was really hoping for a version like with with POE. Like a 24port GSP.

Will Mikrotik every have plans for a 24-Port PoE (passive) Switch? RouterOS or SWOS.

honzam
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: CSS326-24G-2S+RM - with POE

Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:35 pm

You thing POE OUT on ports?
It would be very nice product for out POPs

lapsio
Long time Member
Long time Member

Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:58 pm

What is difference between CRS226 and CCS326? And why CCS is so much cheaper? Is it only about SwOS? Does SwOS offer less than ROS from switch functionality point of view?

paulct

Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:58 am

The CCS looks more like a "smart" switch, i.e to compete with the lower end other brands "managed" switches - yet the Mikrotik has more features. Interesting that they are continuing with SWOS though.

lapsio
Long time Member
Long time Member

Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:29 am

The CCS looks more like a "smart" switch, i.e to compete with the lower end other brands "managed" switches - yet the Mikrotik has more features. Interesting that they are continuing with SWOS though.
It's still confusing I keep failing to get difference between SwOS and ROS /switch menu in webfig for switch use cases. Is there any online SwOS demo to take a look at? Like ROS online demo?

Is OS the only difference between those 2 switches? (apart from dang sweg LCD lol)

ON3YH
just joined

Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:47 pm

It's still confusing I keep failing to get difference between SwOS and ROS /switch menu in webfig for switch use cases. Is there any online SwOS demo to take a look at? Like ROS online demo?

Is OS the only difference between those 2 switches? (apart from dang sweg LCD lol)
The CSS version has lower specs when comparing it to the CRS.
The CRS stands for Cloud Router Switch and used ROS (Router OS), while the CSS stands for Cloud Smart Switch and uses SwOS (Switch OS).
Until now, SwOS seems to have been on a low development pattern, I hope the CSS will change this :-)

As you can see from the name, the CRS offers Routing.
The CSS is a pure switch. It does not offer advanced items like routing but has very limited capabilities.
I'm not familiar with SwOS yet, but as far as I can think of, you cannot use things like VPNs, DHCP servers, ...
It will allow you to manage VLANs, ports on the switch, traffic management ect...

Quote from the product description:
It gives you all the basic functionality for a managed switch, plus more: allows to manage port-to-port forwarding, apply MAC filter, configure VLANs, mirror traffic, apply bandwidth limitation and even adjust some MAC and IP header fields. SFP cage supports both 1.25 Gb SFP and 10 Gb SFP+ modules.

More info about SwOS can be found here: http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/SwOS

zajadacz
just joined

Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:27 am

Will it support IGMP snooping? I cannot find any datasheet of 98DX3216A1 switching chip and I don't know if IGMP snooping support can be implemented.

raymonvdm
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:15 am

If it would support IGMP Snooping it wil make it a beter product. But when i look at the changelog of swOS there is no reference to IGMP Snooping. So i gues the answer is no.