Community discussions

b34k3r
just joined
Topic Author

Auto Negotiate Issue

Thu May 18, 2017 12:50 pm

I have a issue with my CRS109-8G

Ether1 seems to have an issue negotiating and staying that way.

I have it set to Auto Negotiation and it connects and links at 1gbps, but every hour or so it loses its link and re-negotiates, as I run pppoe over a vlan attached to ether1 I get disconnection after disconnection. If I disable auto negotiation and fix to 1gbps it will never get a link even though it negotiates at 1gbps on Auto Negotiate.

Up until recently had a VDSL connection I was running full bridge, on the VDSL modem I had the exact same issue however as VDSL was only 50mb/s down the workaround was to disable auto negotation and advertise at 100mb/s and the connection was solid. But as ive just moved to Fibre which speed is more than 100mbps its just not suitable.

Any ideas why the Router wil Auto Negotiate at 1gbps but wont when auto negotiation is disabled?

FYI ive tried multiple cat6 cables, its less than 1M distance from the fibre ONT, I have no access to the ONT but it had the same issue with the Draytek VDSL mode, im pretty convinced its my router at blame.

SiB
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Auto Negotiate Issue

Thu May 18, 2017 1:41 pm

I have got those situation too...
I recommend:
*) Create support file and send it to support@mikrotik.com
*) set manual speed
*) try upgrade firmware on second device
*) ...
I done those and not help me :(. Then I found workaround (I hope you dont reach this PIT) who is downgrade ROS to 6.4 - this works me in DataCenter very long and was very stable, next versions what I use is 6.32.2 - without problem with negotiating and just few days I update to current 6.39.1 and working... this is my case/situation.

/system sup-output
MTCNA + MTCRE + MTCINE | ~600 users at ~150 RouterBoards in EMEA | Telegram: @SiB_PL | WebChat: Tokonda
WinBox Tip: F6 works as ALT+TAB | Gliffy.com - free network schematic | prnt.sc - free ScreenShot software

b34k3r
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Auto Negotiate Issue

Wed May 24, 2017 11:00 am

I changed to 6.39.1 and it worked well for about 5 days, then back tot he same issue, unfortunately the ONT is locked to provider, the same issue also happened with my draytek so im putting the blame on this Mikrotik.Image