Community discussions

blackbox100
Topic Author

fake/faulty SPF+WDM Modules

Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:52 pm

Hi all, I have a very strange problem

Have recently bought 4 sets of S+2332LC10D Wdm modules, from Inter Projekt Poland

I have used these modules in many years without problems, and have currently 20 x 10GB Links running with these module sets

But the last 4 sets that I have bought, doesn’t work, when connected between to CRS226 Switche, winbox says link OK, but I can’t ping the devices from within Winbox , if I change the modules to s+31DLC10D the switches works fine.

I have been trying to figure out over the last couple of days, why these 4 new sets doesn’t work, and if I look at one of my old sets of WDM modules with the same part number, I can see that there is a difference in appearance , even though its the same part number.

I can see that the old modules are different than the new modules, and im wondering if they are fake modules, or if you have changed something in the modules, since the new ones I buy doesn’t link up properly.

Im attaching pictures of the new and old module?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

F3A8K
just joined

Re: fake/faulty SPF+WDM Modules

Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:46 am

I used to choose third party transceivers for my Mikrotik switches and found no problems so far.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: fake/faulty SPF+WDM Modules

Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:20 am

Can you tell me the Serial Numbers of these non working modules?
No answer to your question? How to write posts