Community discussions

MikroTik App

pascalw
just joined
Topic Author

Wireless 6 GHZ series real max freq ?

Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:27 pm

In the specifications of the new 6ghz SXT en Dynadish the max frequency of the hardware is 6.4 GHZ but is this the exact max frequency ? licences band start here at 6425 Mhz.

So is it possible to set the freq just above the 6.4Ghz ? some kind of superchannel mode ?

TomjNorthIdaho
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Wireless 6 GHZ series real max freq ?

Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:29 am

In the specifications of the new 6ghz SXT en Dynadish the max frequency of the hardware is 6.4 GHZ but is this the exact max frequency ? licences band start here at 6425 Mhz.

So is it possible to set the freq just above the 6.4Ghz ? some kind of superchannel mode ?
I suspect that is the highest frequency of the wireless chipset in the wireless board.
A note - you may want to avoid extream near-limits of the wireless chipset. I have had some wireless cards brick on me when simply performing a scan/freq-usage with the scan list set at the maximum high/low limits.

marcelogomes
just joined

Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:11 am

GOOD LATE, I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH SXT 6 GHZ THAT DOES NOT ACTIVATE THE FREQUENCIES 5.9 TO 6.4 LIKE IT HAS ON THE SATE OF MIKROTIK, I WANT YOU TO HELP WITH THIS PLOBLEMA ALREADY I SENT SEVERAL E-MAIL FOR THE MIKROTIK SUPPORT, UNTIL NOW NOTHING SOLVED I WANT TO KNOW IF YOU NEED ANYTHING ELSE TO ACTIVATE THESE FREQUENCIES, AFTER MAKES SEVERAL DAYS THAT I'M WAITING TO RESOLVE THESE PROBLEMS AND UNTIL NOW NOTHING RESOLVED.

marcelogomes
just joined

Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:20 pm

I suspect that is the highest frequency of the wireless chipset in the wireless board.
A note - you may want to avoid extream near-limits of the wireless chipset. I have had some wireless cards brick on me when simply performing a scan/freq-usage with the scan list set at the maximum high/low limits.
post already put in superchannel does not activate the frequencies 5.9 to 6.4 not active do not know why, someone could help min to activate those frequencies ??????????????