Community discussions

blackbox100
Topic Author

CRS326 missing menu in winbox, but appears in web fig

Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:00 pm

Hi all

Have a couple of CRS326 (6.40.1) that I bought to replace my CRS226

But the feature I use the most in the CRS226 are the Switch Qos Shaper menu, and that doesn't appear on the CRS326 in winbox 3.11

But today I noticed that if I use a browser to access the web fig menu it has 2 switch menu´s, see attached screenshots

In web fig it has the correct menu Switch - Qos - Shaper which is the menu im missing

is this a bug in winbox?

My fear is that it is a fault in web fig, and a feature that will be removed again?

Can Anyone clarify, if the function Switch - Qos - Shaper will remain in the CRS326 and that it is a bug in winbox that It is not appearing?

Sincerely

Carsten Larsen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ultimus247
just joined

Re: CRS326 missing menu in winbox, but appears in web fig

Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:54 am

Did you ever find out about this. I also have a CRS326-24G-2S+RM. We use the CRS226 series and the ACL and Mac based rules all the time. Is this switch going to lose this capability OR is this just a bug in the winbox or something? Webfig does show the switch menu we were looking for but we seem to be missing the options from the command line.

We use the API to connect to our switches so SwOS will not work for us and we like to manage all our Mikrotik Infrastructure from the DUDE.

Any help in getting our switch menu back on the CRS326 would be much appreciated! I was looking for an upgrade and it looks like we got downgraded at this point, please help.

blackbox100
Topic Author

Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:27 am

got this reply

Hello,

At the moment, CRS3xx Switch Rule table can limit Rate in ingress only.
/interface ethernet switch rule
add switch=switch1 ports=ether2 rate=200M

If setup allows, to achieve Rate limiting in opposite direction we recommend to add Rate limit rules on uplink port with additional matchers as dst-MAC or dst-IP.

We plan to implement egress Rate limiting in CRS3xx switches in upcoming RouterOS versions.

Best regards,

ultimus247
just joined

Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:37 pm

Question on the CRS326 and the New (actually old) more limited switch menu. I have not been able to find the max number of RULES as they now seem to be called (Previously ACLs), that the CRS326 can handle, this switch chip is not listed in the documents, that I have found. We also lost the Mac based VLAN functionality as a stand alone menu, so it seems that any MAC based VLAN now is achieved through the switch rules menu. If this is the case the max number of rules is now EXTREMELY important if we can only have 128 RULES the mac based vlan will eat those up really quickly. Some clarification on this would be very helpful. It seems like this hardware was released before the RouterOS was adapted to support it, is this something that we should be looking for in a future release? Do we have an estimated date that this will be supported? I played with the latest RC release currently 6.41rc18 and nothing was different in the SWITCH menu and the new Hardware based bridge didnt implement any ACL type rules so it didnt address the issue of the reduced switching functionality.

I have a project that is using the ACLs of the 226 and ordered a bunch of 326s as it seemed to be an upgraded replacement, it sounds like the cart came before the horse and the software hasn't caught up yet am I correct or is there no intention of restoring the CRS Switch menu functionality we had in the CRS1&2 series?