MikroTik App

marlow
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

CRS317-1G-16S+RM - VLans not configurable

Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:13 pm

Hi,

I finally got a batch of CRS317-1G-16S+RM and to my surprise, neither Winbox nor console allow VLans to be configured on the switch chip.

Default firmware from factory was 6.40.2. I've even upgraded to 6.40.3 to see, if that fixed the problem, but no joy.

- The dynamic VLAN 3501 mentiones ports unknown, unknown, unknown .....
- A vlan can be created via winbox, but no ports can be selected.
- A vlan can be created via terminal, with ports, but the sub-directories for egress and ingress Vlan tagging do not exist.

I've already raised a ticket with Mikrotik Support, but would like to know, if anybody else has come across this. I mean .. honestly ... basic vlan configuration on a managed 10gig switch should be a given and is part of the specification.

/M
Last edited by marlow on Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

barry9509
just joined

Re: CRS317-1G-16S+RM - VLans not configurable

Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:00 am

same here

JimmyNyholm
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:27 am

Ports is empty in winbox and cli for the latest RC as well.

marlow
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:34 pm

Correct. Looks like they've been shipped before the software is ready.

/M

skuykend
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:01 am

Hmmm, have one on pre-order here in the US and was looking forward to it.

Have either of you tried SwOS or do you need the L3 capabilities? From what I've read only SwOS supports hardware LACP at the moment, I don't know about other features.

JimmyNyholm
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:14 am

I want to use RouterOS due to wanting to have one management experience. And using it as mpls lsr doing hardware routing/switching purly based on mpls tags.
Backbone functionality such as igp and ldp (control plane stuff) would then be handled by the cpu but that should not be any problem as all data packet handled by the system would be mpls pakets.

marlow
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:24 am

I've not looked at SwOS in a long time... but i always found it to be terrible.

As with Jimmy, a unified management system across the network is why those switches are considered in the first place.

I've been using RouterOS since 2.7 .. and well .. it wouldn't be the first time, that something half baked hits the shelf .. but this is a bit of a bummer.

/M

marlow
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:46 am

I want to use RouterOS due to wanting to have one management experience. And using it as mpls lsr doing hardware routing/switching purly based on mpls tags.
Backbone functionality such as igp and ldp (control plane stuff) would then be handled by the cpu but that should not be any problem as all data packet handled by the system would be mpls pakets.
You might want to read this thread: viewtopic.php?t=115873 .... What you want to do is unlikely to work. .. At least not at wirespeed.

Going by experience what I've seen on other CRS switches ... anything L3+ will max out at 200-400 mbit/s total. And that's optimistic.

/M

JimmyNyholm
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:59 pm

Hardware mpls offload look prommising.... think of the system as control plane / dataplane
if you have slow cpu but some memory you can run protocols and get ldp running in the "control plane" but ingress and egress processing would be soly mpls label switching one will have to se what is lying round the corner.

A sowftware ip router working with hardware mpls switching in the datapath...

skuykend
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:37 am

Looks like with 6.41+ VLAN switch configuration is going to now be in the Bridges section and not the Switch menu to make RoS VLANS RSTP compatible.

https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:I ... _Filtering

marlow
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:15 am

Yeah ..

it was just pointed out today in the other thread, that it's moved there in the RC builds.

/M

gondoro
just joined

Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:02 pm

Hey people,

Any solution for the problem with VLANs on CRS 317 ... because this is a expensive crappy box at the moment :(

Sorry to say that

becs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: CRS317-1G-16S+RM - VLans not configurable  [SOLVED]

Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:21 pm

Please use RouterOS v6.41rc on CRS317 where Bridge hw-offloading and Bridge Vlan Filtering provide VLAN configuration using CRS317 switch chip.
https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:S ... Offloading

gondoro
just joined

Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:05 pm

Please use RouterOS v6.41rc on CRS317 where Bridge hw-offloading and Bridge Vlan Filtering provide VLAN configuration using CRS317 switch chip.
https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:S ... Offloading

Thank you about the information, i follow the https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:I ... _Filtering configuration working for VLANs trunk, access i doesn't test the hybrid. But I can not access the switch.
The config is:

/interface bridge
add igmp-snooping=no name=Br-Main protocol-mode=none vlan-filtering=yes
/interface ethernet
set [ find default-name=ether1 ] name=ether1-Management
set [ find default-name=sfp-sfpplus1 ] name=sfp-sfpplus1-VMNet_Trunk
set [ find default-name=sfp-sfpplus2 ] name=sfp-sfpplus2-VMNet_Trunk
set [ find default-name=sfp-sfpplus3 ] name=sfp-sfpplus3-VMNet_Management
set [ find default-name=sfp-sfpplus4 ] name=sfp-sfpplus4-VMNet_VMs
set [ find default-name=sfp-sfpplus5 ] name=sfp-sfpplus5-Dev_VM_Network
set [ find default-name=sfp-sfpplus7 ] name=sfp-sfpplus7_VLAN1105
set [ find default-name=sfp-sfpplus8 ] name=sfp-sfpplus8_VLAN1105
set [ find default-name=sfp-sfpplus9 ] name=sfp-sfpplus9_VLAN1105
set [ find default-name=sfp-sfpplus10 ] name=sfp-sfpplus10_VLAN1105
/interface vlan
add interface=Br-Main name=Management-Vlan_1199 vlan-id=1199
/interface wireless security-profiles
set [ find default=yes ] supplicant-identity=MikroTik
/ip hotspot profile
set [ find default=yes ] html-directory=flash/hotspot
/interface bridge port
add bridge=Br-Main ingress-filtering=yes interface=sfp-sfpplus2-VMNet_Trunk
add bridge=Br-Main ingress-filtering=yes interface=sfp-sfpplus3-VMNet_Management pvid=1101
add bridge=Br-Main ingress-filtering=yes interface=sfp-sfpplus4-VMNet_VMs pvid=1102
add bridge=Br-Main ingress-filtering=yes interface=sfp-sfpplus5-Dev_VM_Network pvid=200
add bridge=Br-Main ingress-filtering=yes interface=sfp-sfpplus6
add bridge=Br-Main ingress-filtering=yes interface=sfp-sfpplus7_VLAN1105
add bridge=Br-Main ingress-filtering=yes interface=sfp-sfpplus8_VLAN1105
add bridge=Br-Main ingress-filtering=yes interface=sfp-sfpplus9_VLAN1105
add bridge=Br-Main ingress-filtering=yes interface=sfp-sfpplus10_VLAN1105
add bridge=Br-Main ingress-filtering=yes interface=sfp-sfpplus11
add bridge=Br-Main ingress-filtering=yes interface=sfp-sfpplus12
add bridge=Br-Main ingress-filtering=yes interface=sfp-sfpplus13
add bridge=Br-Main ingress-filtering=yes interface=sfp-sfpplus14
add bridge=Br-Main ingress-filtering=yes interface=sfp-sfpplus15
add bridge=Br-Main ingress-filtering=yes interface=sfp-sfpplus16
add bridge=Br-Main ingress-filtering=yes interface=ether1-Management
add bridge=Br-Main frame-types=admit-only-vlan-tagged ingress-filtering=yes interface=sfp-sfpplus1-VMNet_Trunk
add bridge=Br-Main ingress-filtering=yes interface=Management-Vlan_1199 pvid=1199
/interface bridge vlan
add bridge=Br-Main tagged=sfp-sfpplus1-VMNet_Trunk,sfp-sfpplus2-VMNet_Trunk untagged=sfp-sfpplus3-VMNet_Management vlan-ids=1101
add bridge=Br-Main tagged=sfp-sfpplus1-VMNet_Trunk,sfp-sfpplus2-VMNet_Trunk untagged=sfp-sfpplus4-VMNet_VMs vlan-ids=1102
add bridge=Br-Main tagged=sfp-sfpplus1-VMNet_Trunk,sfp-sfpplus2-VMNet_Trunk untagged=ether1-Management vlan-ids=1199
add bridge=Br-Main tagged=sfp-sfpplus1-VMNet_Trunk,sfp-sfpplus2-VMNet_Trunk untagged=sfp-sfpplus5-Dev_VM_Network vlan-ids=200
add bridge=Br-Main tagged=sfp-sfpplus1-VMNet_Trunk,sfp-sfpplus2-VMNet_Trunk untagged=sfp-sfpplus7_VLAN1105,sfp-sfpplus8_VLAN1105,sfp-sfpplus9_VLAN1105,sfp-sfpplus10_VLAN1105 vlan-ids=1105
/ip address
add address=10.10.99.250/24 interface=Management-Vlan_1199 network=10.10.99.0
/ip route
add distance=1 gateway=10.10.99.254

Kickoleg
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:48 pm

I have same problem.
every day I'm more and more disappointed in the products of the MikroTik! they began to send equipment that can not be configured directly !!! without losing any time!!!
I spent 2 hours for find solution for configuring SWITCH !! I dont have explication of this - MIKROTIK you should be careful when sending unfinished equipment to customers !!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
p.s. and I send for support question WHY and HOW it configure ? and here answer - Hello,

The CRS317 switch features are fixed in RouterOS v6.41rc versions.
Please upgrade and follow this manual to configure VLANs on CRS317:
https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:C ... s_switches

Best regards,
Janis B.

I DONT WANT USE IN MY PRODUCTION ENVIROMENT VERSION RELEASE CANDIDATE !!!! I WAS PAY FOR PRODUCT WICH NEED TO WORK CORRECTLY WITH STABLE VERSION!!!

marlow
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:22 am

I wouldn't use the 317 Series in Production anyhow at the moment.

supouts can't be saved persistantly, so in the case of semi-crashes, where you can recover via console, the supout is gone after the reboot. So you never get to download the darn thing.

So far I've seen 4 Switches randomly crash loosing all management and the fault light coming on. No access via console possible or anything. Just completely unresponsive.

The switch fabric will continue to pass traffic as per configuration, but anything done in CPU/software won't work, which means that basic features like port-span or QinQ are not an option.

And this continues as far up as at least rc52. We'll have to see if rc61 fairs any better, but I certainly don't appreciate, that we're basically alpha testing Mikrotiks equipment. The current feature and stability level of the 317 can not be consider beta nor rc level. Nevermind stable.

/M

ste
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:49 am

I wouldn't use the 317 Series in Production anyhow at the moment.

supouts can't be saved persistantly, so in the case of semi-crashes, where you can recover via console, the supout is gone after the reboot. So you never get to download the darn thing.

So far I've seen 4 Switches randomly crash loosing all management and the fault light coming on. No access via console possible or anything. Just completely unresponsive.

The switch fabric will continue to pass traffic as per configuration, but anything done in CPU/software won't work, which means that basic features like port-span or QinQ are not an option.

And this continues as far up as at least rc52. We'll have to see if rc61 fairs any better, but I certainly don't appreciate, that we're basically alpha testing Mikrotiks equipment. The current feature and stability level of the 317 can not be consider beta nor rc level. Nevermind stable.

/M
+1 we have the problem that switch is not accessible from access port of a vlan. Newest Beta should fix this. We are testing this Switch in our office environment where we could solve problem's. The SW is alfa at best. MT falls back to old behaviour. A new customer buying this switch will never consider MT again. This is very good HW and will be very useful in the future but MT is not able to make something like UBNT Beta store where anyone who buys knows this is no production environment equipment. It is very unprofessional selling this as a working product.