Community discussions

MikroTik App

rzirzi
Topic Author

wAP LTE kit connecting problem

Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:15 am

There is a problem with GSM and LTE connecting problem with wAP LTE kit. It's not connecting to the time as i have change few times from LTE(buil in) card beteween #G and LTE "network mode". After changing sometimes only to LTE or sometimes only to #G or sometimes to GSM and LTE - it connects to Orange. But after reboot - it does not - why? So - I have to changing few times "network mode" to make GSM/LTE connection start working. Where is a problem?

Grickos

Re: wAP LTE kit connecting problem

Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:02 am

Problem with speed.
Mikrotik WAP LTE kit Europe standard. Network speed with Mikrotik at 4G 15Mbit and with Iphon6 40Mbit. At 3G still worse, three times slower.
The same position of measurement.
I was expecting Mikrotik to be faster, bigger case, better antenna ...

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:47 am

There is a problem with GSM and LTE connecting problem with wAP LTE kit. It's not connecting to the time as i have change few times from LTE(buil in) card beteween #G and LTE "network mode". After changing sometimes only to LTE or sometimes only to #G or sometimes to GSM and LTE - it connects to Orange. But after reboot - it does not - why? So - I have to changing few times "network mode" to make GSM/LTE connection start working. Where is a problem?
What RouterOS version you have on the board?
Please add a logging topic:
/system logging ads topics=lte,!raw

After that reboot the router and check what does it say in the log file. Also make support output file and send it to support@mikrotik.com

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:54 am

Problem with speed.
Mikrotik WAP LTE kit Europe standard. Network speed with Mikrotik at 4G 15Mbit and with Iphon6 40Mbit. At 3G still worse, three times slower.
Wha RouterOS you are using on the WAP LTE?
How are you measuring the speed on the WAP LTE? You have connected via ethernet or wifi?
Please check the Info/Status on the LTE interface what Band and Bandwidth does it use. Then compare what band is used for the iPhone.

Grickos

Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:47 pm

Problem with speed.
How are you measuring the speed on the WAP LTE? You have connected via ethernet or wifi?
Please check the Info/Status on the LTE interface what Band and Bandwidth does it use. Then compare what band is used for the iPhone.
I use the wAP LTE kit (R11e-LTE).
All measurements via cable via ethernet port.
I used fixed 4g LTE. 3G and 4G fixed on mobile and router (only 4G or 3G selected)
I've also tried the USB Stick, the Alcatel L850V, which went on 4G to 60Gbits. The same place is the same SIM card for all three measurements. The USB stick was plugged into Routerbord HAP ac Lite.
The signal is not strong at the first measurement point, but today I've been testing with another wAP device where there is a good signal. Stick is faster again.

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:55 pm

Problem with speed.
I used fixed 4g LTE. 3G and 4G fixed on mobile and router (only 4G or 3G selected)
I've also tried the USB Stick, the Alcatel L850V, which went on 4G to 60Gbits. The same place is the same SIM card for all three measurements. The USB stick was plugged into Routerbord HAP ac Lite.
The signal is not strong at the first measurement point, but today I've been testing with another wAP device where there is a good signal. Stick is faster again.
What RouterOS you are using on the WAP LTE?
How are you measuring the speed on the WAP LTE?
Please check the Info/Status on the LTE interface what Band and Bandwidth does it use. What signal values do you see?

Grickos

Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:01 pm

Problem with speed.
What RouterOS you are using on the WAP LTE?
How are you measuring the speed on the WAP LTE?
Please check the Info/Status on the LTE interface what Band and Bandwidth does it use. What signal values do you see?

pin-status: no password required
functionality: full
manufacturer: "MikroTik"
model: "R11e-LTE"
revision: "MikroTik_CP_2.160.000_v001"
current-operator: 21901
current-cellid: 179209474
access-technology: Evolved 3G (LTE)
session-uptime: 2m34s
imei: 356159060302407
earfcn: 1501 (band 3, bandwidth 20Mhz, cqi 12)
rsrp: -95dBm
rsrq: -10dB
sinr: 14dB

session-uptim
session-uptime: 6m18s
earfcn: 1501 (band 3, bandwidth 20Mhz, cqi 0)
rsrp: -97dBm
rsrq: -14dB
sinr: 11dB

session-uptim
session-uptime: 7m38s
earfcn: 1501 (band 3, bandwidth 20Mhz, cqi 12)
rsrp: -96dBm
rsrq: -10dB
sinr: -2dB

sinr oscilliates
Urban environment, I do not know the bottleneck is provider or signal device.
But at a weaker signal, it does not behave well with the USB stick or cell phone.
Measurements: usb stick direct plugin in notebook.
Stick: down-38Mbits up-20
35 20.58
Router: 26,63 9.40
14.32 8.35
29.58 9.25
21.74 9.82
31 22,84
There is a good signal there. With a weak signal it will not switch to 4G or it will release the connection.
I had to restart the router to resume the connection

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:30 pm

Please add a logging topic:

You will see the modem status in the logs if it looses connection or switches between the towers.
Have you tried to point iit/aling the board to check if it gets better connection?

KennyPowers
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:44 pm

Having the same problem very disappointing I was expecting big things from this product, did you find a solution?

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:24 am

Having the same problem very disappointing I was expecting big things from this product, did you find a solution?
Could you provide more detailed info what exactly is not working?

Please add a logging topic and post the logs:

Setneuf

Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:26 pm

So guys, any updates on this?

drribeiro
just joined

Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:00 pm

Hi,

I'm having kind of same issue. When trying to send SMS (/tool sms send lte1 ... ) I get timeout error: [lte,error lte1: no response] [gsm,error sms send failed: std failure: timeout]
Is this related? I'm running the latest RouterOS stable version: v6.40.4

Thanks

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:26 pm

Hi,

I'm having kind of same issue. When trying to send SMS (/tool sms send lte1 ... ) I get timeout error: [lte,error lte1: no response] [gsm,error sms send failed: std failure: timeout]
Is this related? I'm running the latest RouterOS stable version: v6.40.4

Thanks
Enable the gsm,debug loggin topic and try to send the sms again. Please note that you need to have the lte connection running to be able to send the sms.

drribeiro
just joined

Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:27 am

I still don't understand why SMS doesn't work:
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:52 pm

please contact support@mikrotik.com about the sms sending issue and include the support output file.

DJGlooM

Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:41 am

Hey Uldis! Would you guys please consider replacing SIM port with something more decent? There's an awful cheap aluminum contacts and modern SIM with frames (nano, micro) cant get it and get out properly without disassembling the router. Put something plated and spring-click so it would sit good in there.

Also would be nice to see this device in a smaller formfactor, idk why you stick with this WAP form. I presume its cheaper that way to press it, but time goes by and devices getting smaller.

SimonThomasen

Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:52 pm

Wow, last post 2017.

This is 2019 and the LTAP still only connects 1 in 3 times after a reboot. Or after a Disable/Enable of the LTE interface.

Tested with latest ROS - which does not seem to have a fix for the problem.
Buying a MikroTik LTE antenna did boost my speed to 70-80 MBIt, but the initial connection problem remains. So, it is not a signal problem.

The ticket I submitted got a reply stating that my Wifi power was not set to maximum. I did not bother replying to that.

derwulz
just joined

Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:40 am

Wow, last post 2017.

This is 2019 and the LTAP still only connects 1 in 3 times after a reboot. Or after a Disable/Enable of the LTE interface.

Tested with latest ROS - which does not seem to have a fix for the problem.
Buying a MikroTik LTE antenna did boost my speed to 70-80 MBIt, but the initial connection problem remains. So, it is not a signal problem.

The ticket I submitted got a reply stating that my Wifi power was not set to maximum. I did not bother replying to that.
Same Problem with inital connect, any ideas why this is ?

(my workraround, script runs 60sec after boot with LTE disconnect and 30 sec later connect) works fine, but nut a final solution...

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:13 pm

derwulz
Same Problem with inital connect, any ideas why this is ?
(my workraround, script runs 60sec after boot with LTE disconnect and 30 sec later connect) works fine, but nut a final solution...
First, be sure you have latest MODEM firmware v015 at r11e-LTE modem.
If it's still exist then write to support@mikrotik.com !.

This is second forum post about this. Be sure to delay any other script, netwatch etc. who monitor the lte1 interface to not do action with lte before 20-30s from startup.
Means only this one as workaround should work.

I remember old post when some ppl inser to modem-init some parameters and this generate problems after reboot.

derwulz
just joined

Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:31 pm

Modem Firmware is most recent now, same problem.
Ticket on Mikrotik was opened, they told me there is an problem with Modem present - and still working.

So i hope on an solution soon.

regards thanks

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:26 pm

My SXTR & r11e-LTE6 in 56s uptime do a at+reset by himself, and other person give confirmation that is done by ROS itself.
This is like a "build-in feature".

petesky
just joined

Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:28 am

Hello together !

I have a RBWAPR-2ND&R11E-LTE and the LTE connection goes away after a few days for some reasons. Is there any other script to use in netwatch besides complete reboot ? I also tried the LTE DISABLE and LTE ENABLE script, but this let me run into another problem as i used auto reboot after 12h and netwatch together. It seems that unfortunatly disable script executes same time as reboot so LTE was DISABLED next reboot.

Thank you

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:40 pm

I have a RBWAPR-2ND&R11E-LTE and the LTE connection goes away after a few days for some reasons.
It's sound as other case who should own post/thread at forum.
Is there any other script to use in netwatch besides complete reboot ? I also tried the LTE DISABLE and LTE ENABLE script, but this let me run into another problem as i used auto reboot after 12h and netwatch together. It seems that unfortunatly disable script executes same time as reboot so LTE was DISABLED next reboot.
Of coure they are becasue ROS have got scripting ! :).
Examle:
Simple watchdog: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=153622&hilit=watchdog#p767767
Advance watchdog: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=151492&hilit=watchdog#p768392

Watch LTE parameters: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=153622&hilit=watchdog#p768105

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:25 am

My SXTR & r11e-LTE6 in 56s uptime do a at+reset by himself, and other person give confirmation that is done by ROS itself.
at+reset is is sent if you have chosen specific bands as the module needs to be reset to allo to use only specific LTE band.

derwulz
just joined

Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:47 am

at+reset is is sent if you have chosen specific bands as the module needs to be reset to allo to use only specific LTE band.
did you do an firmware update on built in modem?
https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:I ... re_upgrade

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:44 pm

derwulz
Did you do an firmware update on built in modem?
My List of official latest version
  • R11e-lte6 v025 (31.03.2020)
  • R11e-lte MikroTik_CP_2.160.000_v015
  • R11e-lte-4g v9
  • R11e-lte-us v16.02.183961
  • SXT LTE 3-7 |-> chip:2.0 fw:0.1.2.4

petesky
just joined

Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:19 am

Hello again !

Problem solved so far as my SIM Card had an error. It seems that SIM cards where updated from time to time trough carrier. I use a script to restart LTE1 when connection lost etc and it seems that sim card (maybe first generation) locked up while doing a reboot ... today i will update my R11e to latest firmware, maybe this helps to ?!

EDIT: One thing left - because of this SIM error, my routerboard seems to locked up completely. Had to netinstall the firmware (which tooked me several tries). Now i use 7.x beta which worked so far.