Community discussions

MikroTik App

wesleyna
just joined
Topic Author

Disc lite5 - Stuck in boot loop

Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:38 pm

Hi,

We recently received a batch of Disc lite5 units, while busy with a setup & firmware upgrade, the RB got unplugged during a reboot process. Now when it boots up, just the power LED & USR stay on. Then the top 3 signal lights come on and then off again. I have tried reset & netinstall boot, but no luck. Any ideas or should I RMA the unit?

Thanks in Advance.

LEA

Re: Disc lite5 - Stuck in boot loop

Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:05 pm

Hi,

We recently received a batch of Disc lite5 units, while busy with a setup & firmware upgrade, the RB got unplugged during a reboot process. Now when it boots up, just the power LED & USR stay on. Then the top 3 signal lights come on and then off again. I have tried reset & netinstall boot, but no luck. Any ideas or should I RMA the unit?

Thanks in Advance.
Hi, usually this problem occurs if during the firmware update failed. This can be caused by a violation of the integrity of the loaded firmware file from the Internet while updating the device. During boot an error occurs, which puts your device in boot mode. You get an infinite loop of reboots of your device.

To fix this problem only through the process of system recovery with complete data loss device settings return to the factory settings. The reconstruction algorithm described here https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Flashfig

stefano94zaniboni
just joined

Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:25 pm

Hi i have 2 Mikrotik DISC5 that are in bootloop: only PWR and USR leds are on and three leds are flashing. I read the guide for flashing the routerboards via netinstall but when i plug my ethernet cable in my laptop i see that the eth port not receive any ip address and is impossible for me start the flashing procedure. Is there a trick to reset the disc via hardware or i should open a RMA? Thank you

LucZWFM
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:19 pm

Connect the device to PC via a switch and try netinstall again...