Community discussions

MikroTik App

Pipote
just joined
Topic Author

Hello, I have a Mikrotik RouterBOARD groove-A52hpn, but in the box there Tell me if it's USA or International

Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:40 pm

Hello, I have a Mikrotik RouterBOARD groove-A52hpn, but in the box there
Tell me if it's USA or International, just say EU and other things,
Is there any way to know, either by serial number or
MAC address?, and if it's USA, it could be unlocked,
greetings and happy day,
Alberto

skylark
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Hello, I have a Mikrotik RouterBOARD groove-A52hpn, but in the box there Tell me if it's USA or International

Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:26 pm

- RBGroove52HPn-US (USA) is factory locked for 2412-2462MHz, 5170-5250MHz and 5725-5835MHz frequencies. This lock can not be removed. 
- RBGroove52HPn (International) supports 2412-2484MHz and 5150MHz-5875MHz range (Specific frequency range can be limited by country regulations).
If there is no -US at the product code end, it should be International version.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Hello, I have a Mikrotik RouterBOARD groove-A52hpn, but in the box there Tell me if it's USA or International

Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:29 pm

Older devices didn't have US lock. Just make sure it has no "US" in the product code or on the sticker.

lewekleonek
just joined

Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:23 pm

Looks like I'm stealing the topic but I really wanted to find this one out: is it possible to send the device back to get it unlocked/changed from US to international.
Here's my situation.
I'm currently in Canada, where I have purchased:
  • hAP ac (international version: RB962UiGS-5HacT2HnT)
  • wAP ac (US version: RBwAPG-5HacT2HnD-US - vendor did not have the international one anymore)
I'll be moving to Europe in a few months.
So my question is, can I send the wAP ac device back to have it unlocked by manufacturer service when I'm already in Europe? How would I go about that, if that's even possible?

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:29 pm

There is nothing like that offered by anyone. Maybe because the special restrictions are applied in some more complicated way than would be in case of lockpack was applied. What about the selling the US device there and buying international version (of better device?) in Europe after that?