Community discussions

MikroTik App

dfluff
just joined
Topic Author

mAP Lite WiFi problems out of the box

Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:54 am

Hi,

I've just bought a mAP Lite, because it's just so small, I couldn't resist having one to play with. However, I'm having some serious issues with it out-of-the-box.

When I power it up (via PSU or PoE), it's default config comes up with an open Access Point. If I connect my laptop to this (only a few centimetres away), and start pinging the default config address 192.168.88.1, I get around 70% packet loss.

If I manage to get to the admin interface (which is very slow, presumably because of the packet-loss), I'm able to change some settings via Quick-Set, but if I change some of the Wireless settings (e.g. the channel-width), the WiFi LED on the unit immediately goes off, the Mikrotik carrier vanishes from the WiFi Analyser on my Android phone, and my laptop (unsurprisingly) disconnects. At this point, it will just sit there with it's power LED on and nothing else. Even re-powering the unit does nothing, and my only option to get WiFi back is to hold the button to factory-reset it during power-up, at which point I'm back to square one.

Has anyone else had issues like this with the mAP Lite? Am I doing something wrong? Or does it sound like I've got a faulty unit that needs to be returned?

Cheers,
--Dave

martix77
just joined

Re: mAP Lite WiFi problems out of the box

Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:49 pm

Hi!

I've just bought one and it works perfectly. Maybe your unit is defective.

wispmikrotik
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:26 am

Hi,

I have a few units of these and they work perfectly. As the partner says, can it be your defective unit?

Regards.

dfluff
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:40 pm

Hi All,

I think I've eventually managed to "fix" it.

I was able to connect to it long enough to set the ether interface to DHCP and to allow access to the web gui. I was then able to reliably access it from a wired computer and update it's firmware, and it's been behaving itself much better since then.

--Dave

martix77
just joined

Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:33 pm

Hi dfluff,
where you able to identify the root cause of the malfunction? Could you please share with us?

Thanks!