Community discussions

MikroTik App

ChildOTK
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Repairability

Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:04 am

I have a CCR and a couple 24 port switches that were unfortunately victims of a power spike as a result of lightning.

The equipment still works but random Ethernet ports do not work.

The cable modem from our provider, for example, all 4 Ethernet ports were fried. The one port on our CCR that was connected to the cable modem fried. (It shows something plugged in when no cable is actually plugged in, and when you do plug something in no link lights come on nor is there any activity).

On the switches, random ports have died and don’t work at all.

Is something like this repairable? Is it worth trying to fix or should the hardware just be replaced?

krautzj
just joined

Re: Repairability

Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:11 am

I assume there's no warranty left on these devices, otherwise you wouldn't be looking to repair them yourself.

Google 'TroubleShooting for CCR1036/CCR1016'. There's a PDF for doing some repairs on CCRs, but it's not something I recommend trying unless you're experienced and have a decent repair station.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:50 am

It is probably not worth repairing it, but on MikroTik routers there is no dedicated port for specific functions so you can plug the cable into another port and reconfigure accordingly.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:55 am

Beware. There is specific port for booting the netinstall. If that one doesn't work, you will not be able to netinstall.