MikroTik App

spaxton
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Huawei HPSP2120 with MikroTik

Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:17 pm

Dear friends,

I know that this topic may be discussed several times but I didnt find any solution in existing topics and all of them are old. judging by the subject, You can guess that this topic is about GPON and MikroTik. Currently I have HPSP2120 Huawei SFP module and I wanted to use it with mikrotik in several places instead of Huawei HG8245H Router. I have tried this module with RB953GS (Do I need some other Routerboard?) and it gets recognized but I dont get link up and running... When I plug the optical cable in it I get a checkbox in the SFP page of the interface which says "RX LOSE". At that moment RX Power is about -20 dBm. Is there something I am missing here? There may be something I don't understand or something to configure in the module itself but I have no idea how. Please check the attached photo (optic cable was disconnected when the screenshot was captured). Can someone help me a little bit with this?

Unnamed QQ Screenshot20180413210158.png
Best Regards!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

stricky
just joined

Re: Huawei HPSP2120 with MikroTik

Fri May 15, 2020 11:45 am

did you get it to run ?

chris

nthong
just joined

Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:43 pm

Dear friends,

I know that this topic may be discussed several times but I didnt find any solution in existing topics and all of them are old. judging by the subject, You can guess that this topic is about GPON and MikroTik. Currently I have HPSP2120 Huawei SFP module and I wanted to use it with mikrotik in several places instead of Huawei HG8245H Router. I have tried this module with RB953GS (Do I need some other Routerboard?) and it gets recognized but I dont get link up and running... When I plug the optical cable in it I get a checkbox in the SFP page of the interface which says "RX LOSE". At that moment RX Power is about -20 dBm. Is there something I am missing here? There may be something I don't understand or something to configure in the module itself but I have no idea how. Please check the attached photo (optic cable was disconnected when the screenshot was captured). Can someone help me a little bit with this?

Unnamed QQ Screenshot20180413210158.png

Best Regards!
Got same issue. RX power, when fiber plugged, is -26dB. Both on RB760iGS and RB3011UiAS-RM.
Image[/img]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JeanPierre
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:27 pm

Got same issue. RX power, when fiber plugged, is -26dB. Both on RB760iGS and RB3011UiAS-RM.

The HPSP2120 is designed for use with Huawei multi-dwelling switches. This module by itself is useless without Ethernet bridge or GPON logic.
It will not work in 3rd party switches like Mikrotik that do not have circuitry to support "dumb" GPON SFP ONUs.

If you want SFP that works, get a GPON Stick with embedded OS like
MA5671A for Huawei
G-010S-P / G-010S-A for Nokia/Alcatel
or recently popular modules built on Realtek SoC RTL9601C