Community discussions

acsuser
just joined
Topic Author

WAP LTE US Kit not seeing SIM

Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:41 am

I purchased a WAP LTE US kit and installed a working SIM from a Verizon Jet Pack into the unit but it failed to connect. From the log I'm getting :

CME ERROR: 10 

Which appears to mean no SIM. I upgraded to the latest RouterOS and double checked that the SIM is inserted correctly. I removed the SIM and installed back into the Jet Pack and it works fine. I've sent a support request in and it's been four days with no response.
Has anyone run into this? Is this a better place to get support for a defective product?

Kortasma
just joined

Re: WAP LTE US Kit not seeing SIM

Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:16 am

I also have this same device and have the same scenario,WAP-LTE Kit RBwAPR-2nD . I opened a support ticket with Mikrotik but have not heard back. It seems like maybe there is a bad batch of these devices. I am requesting a refund from my distributor. I've attached a screenshot of the logs.

version 6.42.1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

acsuser
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:31 pm

Is MikroTik support a myth?
I've used many MikroTik routers with no issues so I've never needed help with a defective product before. It appears that they don't respond to multiple support tickets or forum posts. Anyone have this issue?

doneware
Trainer
Trainer

Tue May 01, 2018 11:23 pm

sorry for the obvious dumb question.
did you make sure you inserted the sim card properly? it seem to fit either way, but only works in one of the four possible positions.
yes, it happened to me as well.
#TR0359

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed May 02, 2018 11:46 am

If the SIM position is placed fine then you could unscrew the center screw and slowly slide/open the board. Then check on the bottom side if the all the SIM PINs are ok (not bent too much or damaged/broken).

acsuser
just joined
Topic Author

Thu May 03, 2018 4:18 pm

As you can see by the pictures, it appears the PINs were bent during manufacturing . I finally received an RMA so it's headed back today.
Is it standard policy to have the customer pay return shipping on a defective product?
IMG_2737.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dadaniel
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu May 03, 2018 5:07 pm

Is it standard policy to have the customer pay return shipping on a defective product?
Yes, nearly all vendors handle it that way. For example in the SSD market there is AFAIK only Sandisk that offers pre-paid return stickers.