Community discussions

MikroTik App

steen
Topic Author

Dynadish 5, hardware stability issues

Thu May 03, 2018 2:32 pm

Hello Folks!

We experience hardware stability issues with Dynadish 5.

About 25% of the time after a normal routers update, the devices does not boot up and becomes available on the network.
A full power cycle (unplugging power transformator and plug in again) has so far sorted out the problem, and was the only way.

About 10% of the time, after grid power failures, the devices does not boot up correctly and becomes available on the network.

A support case has been opened and closed about the first case, the result device just hang during boot.

Anyone else whome experience same issues with Dynadish 5 ?

mistry7
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Dynadish 5, hardware stability issues

Thu May 03, 2018 10:54 pm

about 20 of them in usage and don't seeing this

there are two models of Dynadish
Which one you are using?

RBDynaDishG-5HacD
or
RBDynaDishG-5HacDr3

steen
Topic Author

Fri May 04, 2018 8:55 am

about 20 of them in usage and don't seeing this

there are two models of Dynadish
Which one you are using?

RBDynaDishG-5HacD
or
RBDynaDishG-5HacDr3
Hello !

We are using this model: RouterBOARD DynaDish G-5HacD r3

At least two of them that came up after a hard power cycle had lost all local copies of backup files.

mistry7
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat May 05, 2018 6:39 am

Could it bee possible that you are running out of space on nand?

steen
Topic Author

Sat May 05, 2018 5:59 pm

Could it bee possible that you are running out of space on nand?
Ok checking disk space, surprised to discover the device only have total disk space 16.0MiB and about 5MiB free, it would not fit a new ros update file...

Free HDD space: 4849Kib
Total HDD space: 16.0 MiB

5 items 11.3MiB of 16.0 MiB used, 29% free

Routeros for mipsbe is about 10MByte, so that would not fit on the disk.

So if I wonder what will happen if I made an attempt to upgrade the device, the disk would be filled up ?,
if the device does not do some magics with the RAM whilst upgrading.
The device has 102.7MiB free RAM of 128MiB RAM

The situation is the same on all Dynadish I have.

Kanta
just joined

Tue May 22, 2018 7:01 pm

Hello Folks!

About 25% of the time after a normal routers update, the devices does not boot up and becomes available on the network.
A full power cycle (unplugging power transformator and plug in again) has so far sorted out the problem, and was the only way.

About 10% of the time, after grid power failures, the devices does not boot up correctly and becomes available on the network.

A support case has been opened and closed about the first case, the result device just hang during boot.

I'm having the same issue, after a power failure my Dynadish needs 20-25 minutes to boot. I took it down and it was booting normally, no problems at all, returned it back on the tower and it stopped working again after the 1st power failure, 20-25 minutes later it just starts working. Adapters replaced, I'm redoing all the cabling soon and will be replacing the dish once the new one is delivered.

mistry7
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed May 23, 2018 11:44 pm

Hello Folks!

I'm having the same issue, after a power failure my Dynadish needs 20-25 minutes to boot. I took it down and it was booting normally, no problems at all, returned it back on the tower and it stopped working again after the 1st power failure, 20-25 minutes later it just starts working. Adapters replaced, I'm redoing all the cabling soon and will be replacing the dish once the new one is delivered.
Do you upgrade Routerboot too?

steen
Topic Author

Sun May 27, 2018 11:14 am

Hello Folks!

Do you upgrade Routerboot too?
Yes, both routerboard and router-os, v6.41.3. I did not upgrade to a more resent version, because we experienced problems with wireless networks with more resent ones.
I looked on the specifications for other "modern" mikrotik devices, many of them have the same amount of hdd space, 16MB which is very little.

steen
Topic Author

Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:13 pm

We still have problem with Dynadish 5, it is not possible to reboot them from within RouterOS without unplugging power and plug it back again.
I thinking about to return the device to vendor asking for new. I ave two other dynadish who have not shown this error so it is kind of strange, I suspect hw problem with it.