Community discussions

MikroTik App

George750
just joined
Topic Author

PowerBox Pro with more number of ports

Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:09 am

Hi, are you planning to made a router based on PowerBox Pro , but with (for example) 10 Ethernet ports with PoE (input DC Jack, output PoE like PowerBox Pro) ? We need outdoor waterproof devices mounted on the mast. PowerBox Pro is exactly what we need, but when we have 4 AP sectors, 4 links and 1 local connection, it is not enough for us. So we have to use RB2011 or RB3011 and make some plastic box or rack on that place. Do you will have some solution for this? Thank you. (sorry for my bad english :) )
Last edited by George750 on Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jebz

Re: PowerBox Pro with more number of ports

Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:29 am

I think 2x PowerBox pro would be better than a RB2011 in a box on the tower. For a start the PowerBox pro has POE on all ports at 1G. 2x PowerBox would provide a better diversity you could also arrange them on proximity.

syadnom
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:09 pm

I'd like to see a larger Powerbox Pro as well. The 4 powered ports is a bit limiting.

What I've done when a site 'outgrows' a powerbox pro is add a second and run the backhauls on the first setup as a router and then connect the second via the unpowered port or SFP DAC cable and do port based VLANs to bring those ports back to the 'main' unit.

At a certain point have to switch out for a bigger unit. Usually by this time I have to power airfibers so it's a netonix.

avacha

Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:44 pm

Well, some base station outdoor 2-in-1 power+data supply will be good with more ports. Also (from my experience) it will be good if MT can implement USB on it's outdoor devices.