Community discussions

MikroTik App

KolbyG
just joined
Topic Author

RB1100Dx4 Crashing constantly

Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:38 am

Hey there,
I have recently been running into an issue with my RB1100Dx4. A few times per day, it will crash, dropping all connections and rebooting. The log shows "router was rebooted without proper shutdown".
There is nothing obvious that happens before the reboot that looks like it would cause this, and none of the events are at a consistent time.
The graphs don't show any odd memory or disk usage before the crash occurs.

I've got 12 MT routers (only one RB1100Dx4) all running 6.42.3. Only this router is encountering this issue. After years of using MT this is the first real "issue" I've had.

Any ideas? I'll post whatever outputs may be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

vecernik87
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: RB1100Dx4 Crashing constantly

Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:26 am

Does it create autosupout.rif ?

This sounds like job for support@mikrotik.com . Crash is not something you can debug by yourself. (I mean crash should not happen due to misconfiguration)
Sure you may figure out by yourself if you try hard, but it needs to be reported and fixed. Unless it is fixed in RouterOS, it may happen to other people. Therefore, your report may help everyone.

NathanA
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:38 am

In addition to autosupout.rif -- assuming that it is even being generated -- another thing that might help MT support to diagnose is if you hooked a serial cable up to the console port and tried to capture any output that might be getting written to the console when the kernel panic occurs.

If you can capture multiple kernel panic screen dumps, and compare them, and if they seem wildly different from each other, then that may be indicative not of a software bug, but of a defective router (hardware problem). Maybe bad RAM module?

-- Nathan

KolbyG
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:33 pm

It doesn't appear to be generating autosupout.rif. I just set it to email me the file if it does happen to generate it from now on.
Good idea with the console cable. I'll see if I can find one around here and try to capture a couple of kernel panic dumps.
Thank you both for the advice. I'll post whatever I get with the console cable here, and send it to support@mikrotik.com as well.