I have to setup a small home network project and I need your help in order to choose the correct mikrotik hardware product (ethernet router or switch), for my needs. Actually I'm looking for a suggestion like (i.e.) "The minimum you need is hex lite, but same can be done with switch CRS106-1C-5S".
Please check first the attached image with a draft pricture of my project and then read my notes below, with explanation and requests.
- My ISP provides me internet through an adsl modem/router (POINT A) that has multiple ethernet ports (4) and wifi features. On this router are connected a PC, a network printer and multiple wifi devices (let's assume DEV K and DEV L (through SSID A)
- From exit LAN3 (lan number is not important) I want to provide interner to an access point (POINT C) where various devices will be connected through ethernet and wifi (lets assume DEV X and DEV Y - different SSID compared to POINT A). Those devices on POINT C will change occasionally in terms of number and connection type (lan or wifi)
- Between Points A and C I want to position a network device (POINT B) that does act as a bandwidth limiter and firewall as well (check more notes below). I assume that a mikrotik device will cover my needs and HERE I need your help about the required device.
- Connection distance from points B and C (mikrotik -> access point) is about 30metes through good quality cat 6 cable.
- (Crucial) : Exit LAN2 from point B mickotik device MUST HAVE bandwidth limits, i.e. 10mbps down and 1 mbps up. To be more clear I want the maximum bandwith that access POINT C can get in total is 10/1 (down/up - numbers are indicative). Here I need the mikrotik device to work as router
- (Crucial) : Any devices connected to access POINT C, MUST NOT be able to find/explorer/access any devices connected to POINT A. Actually I want to protect any possible file shared folders or ransomware attacks. Here I need mikrotik device to act as firewall.
- All devices on access POINT C should get dynamic internal IP addresses (no static IPs setup).
- Clients connected to access point C, should NOT be able to enter mikrotik device control panel (POINT B) and change settings. I assume a login/password feature, within POINT B is enough, but should be noted.
So this, is my project and need your guidance which is the minimum mikrotik device that can fullfill my needs. I am open to suggestions for something better (i.e. you need at least switch X but better get hex Y as has that extra feature).
If I have to purchase and extra software licenses, please let me know in advance.
I have knowledge of networking, so will manage to setup settings.
Thanks for reading and thanks in advance for your help