MikroTik App

Thuke82
just joined
Topic Author

LtAP problem

Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:38 pm

Hello to everyone.
I buy to try an LTAP.
I put a valid sim in LTAP but LTE Interface doesn’t start.
I am sure that it is my mystake but I don’t understand what’s wrong.

Can you help me ?

Thanks.

tnakir
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: LtAP problem

Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:26 pm

We also have ltap, and it works only when there is LTE signal.

If there is HSDPA/3G/2G signal, it doesn't connect.

LTE interface sometimes dissapears.

Built in GPS antenna is useless.

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:06 pm

Thuke82, please make sure you have plugged the SIM in to the correct SIM slot. You can change the SIM slot in the 'system routerboard sim" menu.

tnakir, how are you powering the device? Please make sure you have specified the correct APN as sometimes with invalid APN it would not connect to the LTE network. Buit-in GPS antenna should be working outdoors. You can get an external GPS antenna from us as well.

tnakir
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:05 pm

tnakir, how are you powering the device? Please make sure you have specified the correct APN as sometimes with invalid APN it would not connect to the LTE network. Buit-in GPS antenna should be working outdoors. You can get an external GPS antenna from us as well.
I'm powering the device via PoE, 12V from the battery. I am using the same APN as I use on wAP LTE, and on wAP it works fine. I CAN connect to LTE network, but I CAN'T connect to 3G/2G.

Built in antenna doesn't work even outdoor with the clear sky view (I left it outside for 4 hrs, no satellites detected). It works fine with the outdoor antenna, I'm picking cca 10 satellites, even indoor near the window.

juancarlos
just joined

Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:21 pm

I have exactly the same problem.

I got a LTAP mini, I put the sim on slot1 but the interface LTE doesnt appears.

I 'd tried with system/routerboard/sim
Too, I 'd changed the slot (1 or 2).

I'm powering the device via adapter 100v-24v

Thanks,

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:51 am

Please enable the system logging topic=lte.!raw and then disable/enable the interface and when it fails to connect in the 3g mode make a support output file and send it to support@mikrotik.com

invcat
just joined

Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:23 pm

I bought a Ltap mini. I put my sim card to the lower SIM slot. It connected, but after 1-10min the connection lost. and in the modem status page it shows rx-tx disabled. I changed the modem to another R11e, but it remained the same. Then I changed to Quectel EC-25 modem with PPP mode. It worked also 2-5 minutes, then it lost connection and show in the status page that there is no sim card inserted. I changed the SIM card from lower to upper slot, changed the setting routerborard sim = up. And now it has been working for an hour.
I think this will be hardware failure. It's like the cpu's pin floats and this is why the connection to the SIM is sometimes interrupted.

wirelessadweb
just joined

Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:21 am

Hi I have the exact same problem LtAP mini. The device works well for about 10 minutes and then I have to reset the device, it comes back up but just repeats the process. I have more than one so I am setting up a 2nd now to test now. The symptoms are as if it just falls off the network, you can find it with winbox but with an IP of 0.0.0.0 after rebooting a couple of times but the easiest thing is to reset. But after each reset it only stays up for about 10 to 15 mins.

invcat
just joined

Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:31 am

It looks like the bottom SIM slot is disconnected after 1 to 10 minutes after powering up.
The top sim slot always starts disconnected. So I using the upper slim slot and I wrote a script running at startup:

/system routerboard sim set sim-slot = down
: delay 1
/system routerboard sim set sim-slot = up

So far it seems to make a stable connection.