Community discussions

MikroTik App

StrataNet
just joined
Topic Author

SXT LTE Kit (RBSXTR) lte1 Disappearing

Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:36 am

Hi all,

We've just purchased an RBSXTR for trialing; first one in the country as far as I'm aware, and our supplier is trying to replicate this issue.

We have a test SIM with a local LTE provider that works well in an SXT-LTE. However, when putting that same SIM into the RBSXTR with the same config, the lte1 interface disappears after about one minute. A minute later the interface appears again, and the cycle repeats itself. I presume that once it gets connectivity, the interface instantly disappears. The unit shipped with firmware v6.42.1, and I upgraded to v6.42.5 (both ROS and firmware). Same issue on both versions. I've also made sure I'm using the latest WinBox (v3.16).

Is anyone else seeing this issue? I know it's a new product (I think US release was ~1 month ago), but I'm sure a few would've been deployed by now.

EDIT: I've managed to get this working with a SIM from one of the other local carriers, but unfortunately that carrier won't work for us in the long run. Still seems like a strange issue though.

Cheers!

OtunbaUche
just joined

Re: SXT LTE Kit (RBSXTR) lte1 Disappearing

Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:00 am

Hello,
The solution to this is to connect the sim card that works for you and run this upgrade command below.
/interface lte firmware-upgrade upgrade=yes lte1

StrataNet
just joined
Topic Author

Re: SXT LTE Kit (RBSXTR) lte1 Disappearing

Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:17 am

Hi,
Thanks for getting back to me. I'll try this solution next time we deploy one of these.
Cheers!