Community discussions

MikroTik App

Bomber67
Topic Author

SXT sq - Mikrotik forgot to add a decent bracket!

Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:41 am

For quite a while I have had a stack of unused SXT sq's sitting in my shelf..mostly because of the pre 6.42 nv2 issues that has been going on.
One of the first things i saw when looking at this model is that unfortunately it lacks a decent bracket compatible with the round shaped SXT.
Now that it has come to my attention that both SXT ac and SXT Lite ac is EOL, I assume that the sq is going to replace it?

But it is completely unbelievable that MT designed it just for hose clamp mounting, and not with the bracket familiar from SXT, Omnitik and now also Disc Lite! Which fit with just a snap on QMP, RFE Nanobracket SXT 1 and 2.0 and Nanobracket Light.

I have hundreds of SXTs sitting out there, and once they are due for upgrade, the only sane thing to do would be to preconfigure, drive there and replace it with an sq, done in 5 minutes at site....if the brackets were compatible.
Now I have to replace brackets, fiddle with hoseclamps and I guess spend at least half an hour at each customer to upgrade....

Yes I know that the QMP has a bar intended for hose clamp mounting..but why replace a standard and well tested bracket with something cumbersome and flimsy?
Somebody told me that the sq was intended to be as thin as possible...well I guess a lot of users would prefer it to be 1-2cm thicker to avoid the hassle. The distance from the wall would also be significant smaller if the QMP SXT bracket could be used OTB, not to mention the NB Light.

So what went wrong at the MT design dept here???? :shock:
Any third parties coming up with a screw-on bracket compatible with the original SXT?

Kliwer
just joined

Re: SXT sq - Mikrotik forgot to add a decent bracket!

Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:07 am

Bomber67
Topic Author

Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:20 am

Thanks a lot Kliwer! 3D printer ordered! :D

aamuk
just joined

Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:30 pm

I used a QMP and I think I would have also preferred a better snap-on mount on the SXTsq rather than using the hose clamp. It would have also looked better mounted on the rear centre rather on one of the sides. Personally I don’t think it would of done much to detract from the look of the SXTsq if the clip-on fitting was included as part of the moulding of the rear case assembly.

Eriks
just joined

Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:08 am

That looks very nice indeed! Thank you!