shaoranrch
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

CCR1036 SFP1 problem

Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:38 pm

Hello,

Here's the situation:

Almost 10 months ago we upgraded a CCR1036-12G-4S that was active and in production for the past 300 days to the latest (by the time) Bug Fix Only image, this device had a 1 GE FO Module plugged to SFP1 (Cisco branded), after the upgrade all was fine, then few days after, during a mainteinance we saw the SFP1 going offline, we replaced the SFP module and it didn't work, the router showed the module, the brand, serial, etc. All right but no link could be established. We moved the module to SFP2 and then it worked correctly, at the time this ruled as a hardware problem with SFP1 and we didn't pay more attention to it.

Fast foward 5 days ago, we updated another CCR1036-12G-4S, this time to 6.40.9, this is not the same CCR1036 that we saw with the problem before, the update went ok no issues, 3 days after the update SFP1 on this device failed, same case, showed the module as present, brand, serial, wavelength of operation, etc. But no link. This time we took the module out and tested somewhere else and it worked perfectly, then we took it back to the CCR and plugged to SFP2, as before it worked perfectly on SFP2, and SFP1 basically is dead.

I find too odd that two routers, same model, happen to have the same problem over different images with months of difference. Is there any known bug or problem related to the SFP ports of MKs CCRs I should be aware off?

Regards,

StubArea51
Trainer
Trainer

Re: CCR1036 SFP1 problem

Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:44 pm

That's interesting, I haven't heard of this behavior yet, but will certainly look for it.