Community discussions

MikroTik App

Halesk2k
just joined
Topic Author

hEX S / IPv6 Offload

Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:25 pm

Hello,

I bought a Mikrotik hEX S for my 1Gbps/1Gbps Internet connection. Everything is fine in IPv4, I can reach the 1Gbps in both download and upload.

My concern is IPv6, where I'm not able to get a rate above ~500Mbps. At this rate, the CPU is at 35/40% in "/system resource print"

My configuration is very basic, the IPv6 address for Internet and my LAN are directly configured on ether1 and ether2. There is no bridge, switch interface, queue, vlan, encapsulation ... I don't use the SFP port, and there is no SFP module in the port. The firmware is the latest one.

Do you have any idea? Or the "hEX" S can't handle gigabit traffic ?

Is someone has already test the IPv6 routing throughput on the "hAP AC²" ?

Thanks for you help.

Alex

Halesk2k
just joined
Topic Author

Re: hEX S / IPv6 Offload

Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:10 pm

After intensive documentation reads, investigations and real tests, here are my results.

In IPv6, the only activated hardware offload if fastpath. I reached the 1Gb/s rate between 2 vlans in IPv6 in routing only.

As soon as I added a filter rule, since fasttrack hasn't been implemented in IPv6, the rate fall at ~500Mb/s and the CPU usage increase at ~40/45%.

Questions:
1/ Is there any plan to implement IPv6 fasttrack ?
2/ Since the "hAP ac²" has a real CPU, is it able to route and filter IPv6 at 1Gb/s rate?
3/ Same as 2/ with the rb3011. Is it able to route and filter IPv6 at 1Gb/s rate?

Thanks

arrowgreen25
just joined

Re: hEX S / IPv6 Offload

Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:37 pm

HEX S does it support userman?