Community discussions

MikroTik App

bradnz
Topic Author

SFP+ Link Up but no Traffic

Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:14 am

Hi

I have the following configuration:

R1: CCR1072-1G-8S+ on 6.41 with SPF+ port 4 using the following SM Single Strand fibre SFP+ module S+23LC10D.

At the other end of this link, across about 2.5km we have the following:

R2: CCR1009-7G-1C-1S+ on 6.42.7 with SFP+ port using the following SM Single Strand fibre SFP+ module: S+32LC10D

There is nothing complicated about this. I can get a negotiated link across the fibre connection, and this negotiated fine to 10G but I cannot get any traffic of any kind across it. I have changed link to manual config and changed to 10G, then shutdown the interfaces and restarted these interfaces to see if this would help, but it didnt. I also changed the interfaces to manual 1G, repeating this process but this made no difference.

I have run a packet trace across this and R1 is receiving ARP requests and transmitting a response but R2 never receives them. R2 will send the packet but never receives a response. I have excellent power on either end, being less than -4dBm on both RX and TX powers.

Would anyone have any ideas on what I could be missing here? Our provider of the fibre has done their tests and this would appear to be perfectly fine from their perspective and they will no longer help. If there is any further information you need please let me know.

Thanks
Brad

tquibell
just joined

Re: SFP+ Link Up but no Traffic

Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:40 am

Similar problem but with a CRS312-4C-8XG and an RB4011iGS+

Link comes up at 10G with no issue every time, but most of the time will pass absolutely no traffic. If I mess with the auto-negotiation settings at each end for long enough sometimes the link will come up and remain perfectly stable, until the link is broken. I've had uptimes on this link of hundreds of days without errors. Then back to the drawing board.

olivier2831
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: SFP+ Link Up but no Traffic

Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:56 am

Hi

I have the following configuration:

R1: CCR1072-1G-8S+ on 6.41 with SPF+ port 4 using the following SM Single Strand fibre SFP+ module S+23LC10D.

At the other end of this link, across about 2.5km we have the following:

R2: CCR1009-7G-1C-1S+ on 6.42.7 with SFP+ port using the following SM Single Strand fibre SFP+ module: S+32LC10D

There is nothing complicated about this. I can get a negotiated link across the fibre connection, and this negotiated fine to 10G but I cannot get any traffic of any kind across it. I have changed link to manual config and changed to 10G, then shutdown the interfaces and restarted these interfaces to see if this would help, but it didnt. I also changed the interfaces to manual 1G, repeating this process but this made no difference.

I have run a packet trace across this and R1 is receiving ARP requests and transmitting a response but R2 never receives them. R2 will send the packet but never receives a response. I have excellent power on either end, being less than -4dBm on both RX and TX powers.

Would anyone have any ideas on what I could be missing here? Our provider of the fibre has done their tests and this would appear to be perfectly fine from their perspective and they will no longer help. If there is any further information you need please let me know.

Thanks
Brad
Have you checked SFP+ module temperature ?
Is any module temp getting close to 100°C ?