MikroTik App

mbfound
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

CCRs Failing

Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:39 am

Hi all,

Having an odd issue with our cloudcore routers.

Sunday night I noticed our CCR1009-7G-1C-1S+ 's password got reset back to default. Looked at the logs, etc and didn't put it down to a hack attempt.

Wanted to schedule an upgrade to the latest bug-fix but it would not download. Also couldn't remove or add any files. Waited until traffic died down at around 1am to reboot it. Device never came back up. Went to site next day, LCD says "Starting kernel."

Replaced device with CCR1009-7G-1C-PC, re-setup with latest bug-fix. This morning I noticed password was at default again. Nothing in logs, etc again. Can't add or remove files again. Will not be rebooting the device because it's getting a bit expensive to replace. Seems to run fine otherwise.

Anyone with similar experience or tips?

-mb

First CCR had 6.42.7 current on it.
2nd CCR was from box and update to latest bugfix before being used.

petertosh
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: CCRs Failing

Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:16 am

Maybe NAND failures? Symptoms are similar, although my unit got back ok, when I rebooted it. It has an uptime of 20 days right now on 6.43.1 and writing userman etc to a USB-SSD. See: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=139391

mbfound
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: CCRs Failing

Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:20 pm

Mikrotik support came back to me said it's a known issue and the only way to solve it is to netinstall and use the latest 6.43.2.

Will not be running Dude on the device anymore since the version I replaced it with doesn't have a microSD slot and I'm a bit hesitant to use an external since the area is access by many companies.

Gonna see if I can get the original CCR with mSD slot working again.