Community discussions

MikroTik App

kamilnovo
just joined
Topic Author

Ring reset functionality on RB750G

Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:19 am

Hi guys,
First off, I love Mikrotik, it was running perfectly for many years, thank you for the great HW/SW.
Recently My RB750G got hacked, so I wanted to netinstall. Guess I pressed the front reset button too hard and it broke off :-(
So I tried the alternative gold ring reset at the back of the motherboard (accessible from the bottom). I was able to reset the config but not able to make netinstall working. It seems to behave differently than the front panel reset. It never flashes, the light is stable and then goes off. I tried all tricks possible with netinstall from Windows 10, XP, fw off, antivirus off, run as administrator.... and in the end it looks like the gold ring reset doesn't work for netinstall. Can you please confirm if this is the case? How else can I netinstall? I heard that when hacked with the recent vulnerabilites it's not enough to just reset the config because there maybe modified partition. Is there another way (if netinstall not possible) to do the clean up after the device was hacked? Thank you in advance.

kamilnovo
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Ring reset functionality on RB750G

Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:13 pm

OK, I have found in wiki how to netinstall by entering the command "/system routerboard settings set boot-device=try-ethernet-once-then-nand" from the terminal and it worked. Now just out of curiosity, is the gold ring reset supposed to work the same as the reset on front panel?