Community discussions

MikroTik App

Artanis
just joined
Topic Author

hAP ac lite rebooting constantly

Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:34 pm

Hello! Exactly one year and two weeks ago I purchased Mikrotik hAP ac lite for our small office, as I had great experience with Mikrotik products for many years before this. Unfortunalty, there seems to be a problem with this unit, and I'd like to ask for some help, as the warranty is just over.

Problem is that few days ago router suddenly started to reboot every minute or few (time is random, but no more than three minutes between reboots). What I've already troubleshooted and tried without success:
  • Log file simply states either "router was rebooted without proper shutdown" or "router was rebooted without proper shutdown by watchdog timer"
  • Of course, no timers/watchdog has been set
  • Disconnected every LAN/WAN cable
  • Looked at the router resources - CPU/RAM barely used, temp and power supply voltages ok
  • Tried to reset the router, and then did hard reset by clearing config completly

Is it safe to assume that this is hardware failure, and router can be discarded?
Needless to say, that now when I have to buy a new router, I somehow not inclined to Mikrotik SOHO products anymore... :(

nescafe2002
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: hAP ac lite rebooting constantly

Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:56 pm

Try upgrading to latest stable (current) or long-term (bugfix) release.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:55 pm

Another point on the "try&fail" list is to replace the power supply.

dbnull
just joined

Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:16 pm

check if you not overclock it or did you not set the check-internet thing with watchdog, he like to reset router when his unable to connect to given ip.