Community discussions

Quellcrist
just joined
Topic Author

Hardware recommendation

Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:23 pm

Hi,

i m rather new to Mikrotik hardware. While i m starting to get the hang of the OS i m in need of some recommendation for hardware.

1. 1 st one should be rather easy, i need to bridge to building 35 meters apart, on private ground. There is no wifi network present in the area so no interferences that i could detect.
1 st building is where the end point of a 8mb ADSL line arrive, 2nd building is where an office need to get connectivity. Walls are rather wide and last i tested ( i had a basebox 2 wih 2 omni antenna that was lying around) the signal could nt get through the walls efficiently.
So the plan is to get cables running through walls on both side and use 2 routerboards to bridge the distance.
I was thinking maybe SXTsq Lite2 (or 5 doesnt matter), also maybe wAP or wAP AC.
Your thoughts?

2. Going from the top of a church to a crossroad to replace a pair of luceor AP. Distance is about 250m. bandwith requirements is only about 15 mb. Main issue there is the top of that church is laced with GSM and LTE antennas from 3 different providers so lots of EM noise.
For there i was thinking SXTsq 5 AC (same form factor as the existing antennas) or maybe going to the 60ghz (SXTsq Lite60, but i think it s rather new so no availability atm)

your thoughts, and thanks in advance.

Quellcrist
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Hardware recommendation

Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:55 am

60+ view and no one as an opinion?
As the case 1 need to be up rather soon i ll move by ordering the gear today. Will probably take wAP or wAP AC, they are easy to mount on external walls without additional hardware and i already worked with wAP AC as external AP in a leisure park.

Any recommandation for n2?

saper2

Re: Hardware recommendation

Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:05 pm

Hi,

I'm more familiar with wired hardware than wireless from MT, but if I had to setup wireless link I'd go for 5GHz: SXTsq Lite5 at least - why 5GHz: because 2,4G bandwidth is used widely in home wifi, mice, keyboard, all sort of remote controllers, IoT, etc..... If I would decide to go all the way (read: I have a 200USD on hand:D ), then I would buy wireless wire 60GHz (for both cases 250m and 35m :D ) .
For 250m certainly I'd be more into 60GHz than 5G or 2.4G.