Community discussions

MikroTik App

daakuryu
just joined
Topic Author

cAP Lite Powers on but inaccessible.

Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:50 am

Recently bought 3 of these, two of them seem fine but the last one is only showing a power light and is completely inaccessible. No wireless signal, nothing on Winbox neighbors.

I've tried factory reset several times, the light doesn't even flash no matter how long you hold the reset down or when you start holding it down (Before power on or after power on.)

Did we just get a dud or is there anything that can be done to salvage this?

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Re: cAP Lite Powers on but inaccessible.

Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:00 pm

Could be a damaged reset switch.

I'd try a netinstall, try with the reset switch, keep it pressed, apply power, wait until cAP appears on netinstall.

Alternatively, if reset switch doesn't seem to work, look for a reset pad on the PCB, short it with a screwdriver or something, power it on, and keep shorting it until the cAP appears on netinstall.

If you don't succeed (no cAP appearing in netinstall)... I'd contact support by email.

daakuryu
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:02 pm

Tried Netinstall with reset button, can't see the device at all no mater how long I hold down the button.

Not having much luck finding the reset pad either, nothing clearly identified

Even looking at pictures from a different model that seems to use the same board I'm not finding it.

And now a second unit is giving me issues, this one comes on can be seen, can be connected to and everything but then 30 minutes later it goes AWOL, Wifi signal is still there but it's not connecting to the router, and can't be seen by Winbox anymore. Kinda regretting these purchases now but I'll see if I can re-flash THAT one at lease.

As a side note, who in the hell thought it was a good idea for the reset button to only work if you hold it down BEFORE powering it on... with a thing this small you need squid arms to both press the button and push the Poe cable in without something going wrong.

Edit: Yeah, can't get the second one in netinstall either despite following the instructions to the letter, as soon as it powers on the first 3 lights on it go solid and then nothing on netinstall no matter how long I hold down. and now it's not booting up normally it's just stuck on those 3 lights.

nescafe2002
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:04 pm

As a side note, who in the hell thought it was a good idea for the reset button to only work if you hold it down BEFORE powering it on... with a thing this small you need squid arms to both press the button and push the Poe cable in without something going wrong.
I have had the same issue and it can be really helpful if you have another RB to power the device (either via usb or poe out). With the power cycle function you can shut down the device, use both hands to press the reset button and have the device automatically come up within a few seconds.

akotlyar
just joined

Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:54 pm

+1 problem with power
I have map lite and them have some problem with power too.
Case 1
Power on, but system doesn't start, only pwr led light.
Case 2
System started, but device reboot after start round and round.
Case 3
System started and all work fine.

First time i get the problem by USB port, then i change USB to POE 30v+, but some time later POE broken too.

I think the problem with power chip TPS54160.

AdminioBanderas
just joined

Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:03 pm

The same problem, mAPlite doesnt work via PoE in with TP-LINK TL-PoE150S, D-link DES-1018MP, D-link DGS-1008MP.
Please help

jimvam
just joined

Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:02 pm

Hello. A lot of these have either power led on only or 3 first Leds on but nothing. No boot, no winbox, no Netinstall...