Community discussions

Wilco
just joined
Topic Author

RB2011 Slow wan with sfp, cpu almost 100%. no rules.

Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:27 pm

Hi
First, infinite thanks to MikroTik for their outstanding hard & soft. Felt in love with it a couple of years ago.

I use one router for my home. Recently i got 1Gbps FTTH. The provider sent me his proprietary modem + the proper sfp module. Everything is fine.
After 1 month of regular use i decided to save some power by shutting down the modem and pulling the sfp in my router. Got the correct config to get the link up it now works great.
But now i experience a bandwidth drop, having a symmetrical 175Mbps instead of at least 350 with isp modem.
I have basically no firewall rules. Nothing fancy. Just 1 masquerade for wan. What could be slowing down the whole thing?
Thanks a lot.

Board Name RB2011UiAS-2HnD
6.43.7 (stable)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wilco
just joined
Topic Author

Re: RB2011 Slow wan with sfp, cpu almost 100%. no rules.

Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:17 pm

Nevermind, looks like i deleted the FastTrack rule for no reason. I have put it back and now i'm 400Mbps with ~30% cpu.
I'm not sure to get it, is that a passthrough, a kind of 'exit filter loop' tag, or a way to force use of an alternative ip stack?
By the way feel free to add some tweak tips.
I tried to accept packets as early as possible with RAW but it does not affect cpu usage.

Not deleting the post for others who encounter same problem in the future.