Community discussions

MikroTik App

YasserAhmad
Topic Author

Best router board to use LoadBalancing over link up to 900Mbps

Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:44 pm

Hi Mikrotik folks,
I am currently using Mikrotik CCR1036-12G-4s to Load Balancing 5 WAN interfaces PCC method. my network is consuming more than 900Mbps. Recently I noticed that one or two cores are always 95% load, especially when I am using more than 10 prerouting in Mangle. as you know that this router board mounted with 36 cores x 1.2GHz CPU, but though to lack of multi threading management on my case, the script is always using one or two cores which is disaster. what is the best router board you suggest to use in my case? core speed VS core numbers? If I moved to rb1100AH4x for example would it be better or worse?

Thnaks a lot,

shiyiqiang08
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Best router board to use LoadBalancing over link up to 900Mbps

Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:02 am

Hi Mikrotik folks,
I am currently using Mikrotik CCR1036-12G-4s to Load Balancing 5 WAN interfaces PCC method. my network is consuming more than 900Mbps. Recently I noticed that one or two cores are always 95% load, especially when I am using more than 10 prerouting in Mangle. as you know that this router board mounted with 36 cores x 1.2GHz CPU, but though to lack of multi threading management on my case, the script is always using one or two cores which is disaster. what is the best router board you suggest to use in my case? core speed VS core numbers? If I moved to rb1100AH4x for example would it be better or worse?

Thnaks a lot,
i think core speed is more important
i use pc to run ros ,the core speed is 4Ghz,i only use one core ,the performance is high.

mistry7
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Best router board to use LoadBalancing over link up to 900Mbps

Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:22 am

People here sayed that RB4011 per core performance is better then all CCR, I have one but I hadn’t time to check it by my own