Community discussions

MikroTik App

KamenP
just joined
Topic Author

Groove A-52HPn: Unable to connect to ethernet port

Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:00 am

Hi,

I have a brand new Groove A-52HPn. I am unable to connect to its ethernet port. Already did the factory reset of the device without any improvements. I have verified that the CAT6 cable is good. I can connect to another device (a MikroTik router) fine. When I connect to the Groove, I can see that its ethernet LED blinks indicating network activity. Yet, I cannot ping 192.168.88.1 or connect to its port 80.

I should mention that this is a second Groove that I am experiencing this with. I returned the first one hoping that it was a defective device.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks.
Kamen

w32pamela
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Groove A-52HPn: Unable to connect to ethernet port

Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:43 pm

Download Winbox.exe and run it . There is a Windows version available in the Software section of Mikrotik.com. If you are using a Mac you will find some Mac versions by using Google.

Your Groove may not be giving out IP address and may have an address of 0.0.0.0. The Winbox program will allow you to connect to the Groove using the Grooves MAC address and once you get into it you can upgrade it to the most recent routerOS version and then do a reset from the administration pages and get the default configuration which will let you connect.

dlane1181
just joined

Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:34 am

Good day.
I’m new to this forum. I’m having the exact same problem as the original post. In WinBox under the Neighbors tab, I have a MAC Address, but the IP Address remains 0.0.0.0 despite multiple resets.

I’ve downloaded WinBox (64bit) for my MacBook and tried connecting to the Groove via the MAC Address, but I get a red ERROR message saying “could not connect to” the MAC Address without any further explanation as to why not.

I’ll add that (1) I’ve done several hard resets on the Groove without any improvements. And (2) this Groove was working great until I inadvertently clicked a box on the far upper right corner of the QuickSet screen. (I cannot recall what the 2 options were in the drop down menu for that box.) But that is when this Groove immediately stopped working.

Please assist. Thanks.

DonMatson
just joined

Mon May 31, 2021 11:19 pm

My groove worked fine for two years but lately, it's been not connecting with the following explanation. Unidentified network.

krafg
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:07 pm

If you can't connect using MAC with WinBox, do NetInstall and of course with Keep Old Configuration disabled.

Regards.