Community discussions

Kola
Topic Author

hAP lite has not enough memory at all (hardware failure?)

Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:42 pm

Hello everyone!

A hAP lite classic (ROS v. 6.40.2 stable) was brought to me with 'not updating problem'.

Where's actually no space on flash to upload firmware as expected. But there is no '/flash' directory on the /disk and all files seems are on flash (if there is any). And no gain through Internet upgrade also.

Also there is no free RAM for firmware. About 10MB of free RAM disappear several seconds after reboot:
1.png
2.png
Netinstall doesn't work - the device only resets on reset button while booting up. The setting 'try-ethernet-once...' doesn't work either.

'Make Supout' spits out an error instantly. 'Export' command also brings an error some after execution start (showing only few config strings).

Is it ultimate hardware failure? Or there's something I didn't try (except direct flash programming :))?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sebastia
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: hAP lite has not enough memory at all (hardware failure?)  [SOLVED]

Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:55 pm

Netinstall should work, although it can be tricky to trigger.

see viewtopic.php?f=13&t=130598&hilit=netinstall#p712721

Kola
Topic Author

Re: hAP lite has not enough memory at all (hardware failure?)

Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:21 am

Netinstall should work, although it can be tricky to trigger.

see viewtopic.php?f=13&t=130598&hilit=netinstall#p712721
Thanks, sebastia! By your direction i made a little digging and found myself out using a quite old version of NetInstall (even pre-hAPistoric, but works correct with mipsbe). Work out just fine with the newest one.