Community discussions

gotsprings
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

RouterBOARD wAP R-2nD Winbox From WAN

Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:35 pm

I am testing a wAP R-2nD as a replacement for our CradlePoint installs.

I have the unit configured like a home router with wireless 2.4 bridged to the ethernet port and LTE modem setup as the WAN.

I can reach the internet and browse normally. However i noticed that I can't get winbox to load when I connect to the STATIC IP ADDRESS that I paid for for this unit. I have tried this from the LTE interface several times.

Winbox connects to the router... but then nothing populates... maybe 20 seconds later and the winbox session closes. I reconnect my computer to the wAP R and the log shows the connection on the cellular interface and winbox log in. Then it shows the log out from winbox.

Also... the speedtest app on my windows computer fails on the upload part of the test.

Any ideas?
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
Mark Twain

gotsprings
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Re: RouterBOARD wAP R-2nD Winbox From WAN

Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:59 pm

I found out that when the wAP LTE connects to the cellular provider (Verizon) it does get the Static IP From the ISP. Problem is that it gets the static IP and doesn't set a gateway that is one number higher than the static IP.

Cradlepoints receive the IP from Verizon and show the IP as /29
IP = xxx.xxx.xxx.xx1
Gateway = xxx.xxx.xxx.xx2

The Mikrotik is using the same IP as the gateway and its IP.
xxx.xxx.xxx.xx1

This causes somethings like speed test to fail. And probably explains the issue I am having with "out of band management" (Verizon's term for remote access.)
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
Mark Twain

gotsprings
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Re: RouterBOARD wAP R-2nD Winbox From WAN

Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:44 pm

After bunches of emails and support files... I got nothing.

Switched out unit to a MoFi modem feeding a hAP AC2. No Problem with remote connection.
Mark Twain