Community discussions

MikroTik App

gotsprings
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Sierra MC7455 solutions?

Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:21 pm

I got a wAP R-LTE US Kit. Got it working but some US frequencies seem to be missing.

I like the form factor... but would really prefer having access to the US bands that i can with the
https://www.sierrawireless.com/products ... ts/mc7455/

I bought a MoFi 4500 and it works solid in passthrough. It's 10/100 and lacks POE in... but it works.

a wAP R would be just shy of perfect if I could get that working. I really prefer the form factor of the of the wAP R and being able to drive it from the router and mount it or easily move it around... well lets just ask...

Anyone have solid success with using the MC7455 in a routerOS box?

EDIT:
On Verizon Wireless... if I set the unit to IP passthrough with a STATIC PUBLIC IP... the unit crashes. I mean it shuts down. First it looses the connection to VZW then it's internal webserver goes haywire. And Putty connections go sideways. I spent several hours on the phone and screen share with support. They DID NOT MANAGE TO FIX THE ISSUE. They did improve the performance with VZW if you DON'T HAVE A STATIC IP, AND PASS IT THROUGH TO YOUR MIKROTIK.

Back to Cradlepoint at this point.

I NO LONGER RECOMMEND THIS DEVICE UNLESS YOU ARE USING IT WITH ATT.
Last edited by gotsprings on Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gtj
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Sierra MC7455 solutions?

Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:40 pm

I haven't used the 7455 but I have used the 7354 and 7355 modules mounted either in USB adapters or directly mounted in NetMetal 5 radios or RB912 boards. Those older models though presented as PPP interfaces rather than LTE. Still they worked perfectly fine. On a whim, I cracked open a Wap-R and replaced the radio with a 7354 and it also worked fine in PPP mode.

gotsprings
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:31 pm

The MoFi is averaging around 30M downloads sitting on my desk.

onstephen
just joined

Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:32 pm

The MoFi is averaging around 30M downloads sitting on my desk.
How have you fared with this? I would consider the same thing even if I have to use PPP mode as 25Mbps would be sufficient. Currently only getting about ~7Mbps indoors through a window with a Netgear LTE router and was hoping to mount a wAP R on a tall pole outdoors, so even getting 25Mbps would be a huge improvement and would love to use an MC7455 over the deault R11e if possible. Or any other recommendations on successful hardware combinations?

Thoughts? Thanks.

gotsprings
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:01 pm

Using the WAP-R with T-Mobile and Verizon... Never saw better than about 11M.

I have tucked tail and given in. At 579 dollars US... the CBA850 is my standard once again. Its not worth my time for the performance hits and issues I had with the MoFi. Won't "play with the WAP-R" anymore, until they get compatibility with more US channels.