Community discussions

MikroTik App

cwija
just joined
Topic Author

hAP ac and Verizon Gigabit

Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:13 pm

Hi folks,

this is my first time posting here so I hope so it will be a success.
I have hAP ac, and it's an awesome device. However at some point I have switched from 50/50 Mbps Verizon FIOS to their 1 Gbps (940/880 Mbps). At that point I was doing some speed tests and I have had decent results. When I went to Verizon's speed test I confirmed max speeds because obviously since they are the provider. If I was downloading some DVD images like Windows or Linux or similar, I was reaching speeds over a 100 MB/s which should represent those high speeds. This was satisfying.
A month ago I have realized that my speeds are not as they used to be. Checked and they are actually awful. I did not change any special configuration on my router, maybe one or two OS updates and eventually one firmware update for the routerboard. My speeds for download are really bad, if I hit 30 MB/s I am happy.

Now here is the question, if this hAP ac is not capable of this, what do you suggest in between RB3011 and hEX S? It is not necessary to have WiFi since I can still use my hAP ac for that because in that, it's great.

Thank you in advance everyone!

muetzekoeln
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: hAP ac and Verizon Gigabit

Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:42 pm

... maybe one or two OS updates and eventually one firmware update for the routerboard ...
Try to downgrade.

cwija
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:12 pm

... maybe one or two OS updates and eventually one firmware update for the routerboard ...
Try to downgrade.
How far? Which OS and/or FW?
I have already tried with Netinstall and 6.3x.x

Did not work but maybe you know exact version.

Thanks.

R1CH
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:36 pm

Make sure fasttrack is active, hAP AC is unlikely to be able to do 1gbps otherwise.

cwija
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:04 pm

R1CH Fast Track is active but I am already considering RB3011 or hEX S :)

I am sick of this and I want new toy haha.