Community discussions

MikroTik App

wesleyna
just joined
Topic Author

Map2n - Low output Voltage

Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:31 pm

Hi guys, we have had an issue with 2 Map2n's so far where the unit picks up the POE request, but doesn't power up the device on on Eth2. The POE out light goes on but no link.

We then set the port to Forced on, and hooked up a Voltmeter on the cable and we pick up that the port is only putting out 9.6V, but the Map2n is receiving 24V.

Is this a hardware fault or something that can be fixed?

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Map2n - Low output Voltage

Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:07 pm

Did you verify voltage from power supply (under load)? Could be that PS is inadequate or faulty (in both cases it could drop the voltage under full load while with moderate load or without load it might provide decent voltage).

If that 9.6V value was measured on remote end and under load ... what's the length of the UTP cable between mAP and remote device? And what is remote device's power draw?

If that 9.6V measured was without load (or measured at the mAP end), then it is possible that mAP is faulty.

wesleyna
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:22 pm

Did you verify voltage from power supply (under load)? Could be that PS is inadequate or faulty (in both cases it could drop the voltage under full load while with moderate load or without load it might provide decent voltage).

If that 9.6V value was measured on remote end and under load ... what's the length of the UTP cable between mAP and remote device? And what is remote device's power draw?

If that 9.6V measured was without load (or measured at the mAP end), then it is possible that mAP is faulty.
We used a very short(20cm) UTP cable with the cables exposed and the voltmeter connected. No load on any device. Power supply is 100%, as a brand new mAP works correctly & powers up devices on Eth2.

il001
just joined

Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:01 pm

I have a same problem, but with RB951Ui-2HnD. I tried force off and on Poe-out on ether5 . But nothing changing. I cheked voltage between blue and brown wire. Voltage is ~7 Volts everytime. I use power supply 24V. When I connect router via Poe In (24V) I see ~9V on ether5. The ethernet cable is short and good, I checked it with MAP2nD (I seen 30Volts). When I choose PoE out - auto on and connect slave device, in the WinBox I see PoE-out status is powered on. But slave (MAP-Lite) is not works. And I do not see red led on the RB951.

Do you have experiens for resolve this problem?