Community discussions

Keyko
just joined
Topic Author

RouterBOOT 6.43.7 for all platform ???

Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:37 pm

Can anyone answer - will there be a Universal 6.43.7 enable for 6.43.x RouterOS update for all platforms? Should I install it and is there a changelog ???

Keyko
just joined
Topic Author

Re: RouterBOOT 6.43.7 for all platform ???

Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:08 pm

Give me an answer, please. There is RouterBOOT 6.43.7 on the forum, but it is not for all platforms. Updated some RBs (750gr3\HEXs....), but officially nowhere is this version, but there is 3.41.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:54 pm

Routerboot is packed into Routeros package ... after Routeros is installed and router rebooted, routerboot is available for flashing device under /system routerboard.

AFAIK the above applies to any routerboard device, so obviously doesn't apply to x86 or CHR variants.
BR,
Metod

Keyko
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:37 pm

It's about factory firmware. There are only versions 3.41 on the site. But many of the devices in the box have Factory firmware above. The question was exactly about factory firmware.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:46 pm

Factory firmware is the routerboot version installed on a device at manufacturing time. There's nothing special about that and is usually the version available in ROS at the same time.

Just an illustration: I've got a hAPac lite and a hAP ac lite TC. They are the same hardware just in different cases (the TC actually doesn't mention it in software, so without physical contact you can't tell them apart). One has factory routerboot version 3.33, the other one 3.36. They both have routerboot version 6.43.something now.

You can see the factory routerboot version mentioned and the only meaning that information has is that you can't install routerboot older than factory version ... no matter what. And with a reason: it seems to me, but I may be wrong, that there is single routerboot image per platform and later devices might come with new peripherial hardware (e.g. wifi card) not supported previously. If one could install routerboot predating support for such hardware, it would become unusable (or, in worst case, device bricked).
BR,
Metod