Community discussions

MikroTik App

lordzar
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

RBLHGR success story

Fri May 24, 2019 5:47 pm

I've been using Mikrotik since ~2000. I am retiring to a farm and it is in typical "rural america".

There is no "highspeed" wired options. There is ADSL from the local phone company that runs 3M/500K D/U for $50/month. Yes.. a whopping 1/2 M up and it's unreliable to say the least.

T-Mobile has allowed unlimited hotspotting which gave us around 10M/10M, but that was after I installed a Wilson Electronics cellular repeater on the roof because of the poor cell service out here.

When I saw MT release the RBLHGR, I couldn't have been happier. Got one right away and put it on the roof. WOW. MT to the rescue. As you can see by the pics, the service is way better than the ADSL option.

#GoMikrotik

ImageImage

krafg
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: RBLHGR success story

Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:55 am

Very incredible speed! I'm thinking that if LHG could has gigabit ethernet, you can get a little bit more.

What is your RSRP?

Regards.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:46 am

Very incredible speed! I'm thinking that if LHG could has gigabit ethernet, you can get a little bit more.

Ping times (and specially ping jitter) indicate that there's other activity on the same LTE cell and it's questionable if OP could really get higher speed ... at least not during same day time as he did the test. But anyway, it's quite likely that load on "his" LTE cell will just increase with time and that the 100Mbps ethernet port bottleneck will become less important.

robpeng

Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:12 pm

Pretty sweet. Do you ever have any issues with the sim disconnecting from the operator network? or the LTE interface disappearing from the Interface list

lordzar
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:19 pm

Sorry for the delayed response, but here is the data from my router.
I have not seen random disconnects. The connection stays up for weeks at a time. Most of the resets are me or the power. On the farm we lose power more than you would think.

[dave@LTE_Dish] /tool sms inbox> /interface lte info lte1 once
pin-status: no password required
functionality: full
registration-status: registered
manufacturer: MikroTik
model: R11e-LTE-US
revision: MPSS: R11eL_v12.09.171931 APSS: R11eL_v02.14.173531
current-operator: T-Mobile
access-technology: Evolved 3G (LTE)
session-uptime: 4d2h56m26s
rsrp: -77dBm
rsrq: -8dB

lordzar
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:28 pm

Ping times (and specially ping jitter) indicate that there's other activity on the same LTE cell and it's questionable if OP could really get higher speed ... at least not during same day time as he did the test. But anyway, it's quite likely that load on "his" LTE cell will just increase with time and that the 100Mbps ethernet port bottleneck will become less important.

The interesting thing is, if I run a bidirectional test FROM the router... it just kills the poor little thing and performance drops below the speed of the LTE link.

;;; results can be limited by cpu, note that traffic
generation/termination performance might not be
representative of forwarding performance

duration: 8s
tx-current: 18.0Mbps
tx-10-second-average: 15.2Mbps
tx-total-average: 15.2Mbps
rx-current: 59.3Mbps
rx-10-second-average: 44.8Mbps
rx-total-average: 44.8Mbps
random-data: no
direction: both