We have this problem, but for us it happens every 30-90 days or so. It last happened 57 days ago. We have a ping watchdog to reboot the router when this happens. Disabling and re-enabling the interface might fix it too. Same CCR1036-8G-2S+, first generation. We have two CCR's connected to each other, one is PPPoE concentrator, the other not. The one that is not a PPPoE concentrator has no issues. Both run MPLS and OSPF.
We were soon going to be replacing the device with a CCR1072.
This was happening to us every 1-12 hours, extremely disruptive to the network
We have had the combination of technologies in various forms as we've changed the network layout over the time. 1.5 years ago we did have OSPF + MPLS + PPPoE + BGP running on CCR1036's at 3 different sites and it was working fine
Now if we try to do the same with everything running on the same router the the interface will lock up. Only thing different is previously BGP was only receiving default routes, now we get much larger BGP routing tables, more PPPoE connections, larger OSPF network, and we are using SFP+ instead of ethernet interfaces
I don't know exactly what the problem is. If it's PPPoE in combination with everything else then great we can simply remove PPPoE from it, that's the easiest thing to do.
My plan is to remove PPPoE from that router anyway and bring it as close to every customer as possible, because it provides for easier QoS, faster reconnection as PPPoE won't drop and shorter paths when there's a routing failure to the closest edge router. Hopefully that will fix the problem, but i'm not going to do anything for a while except plan. We already have some very angry customers who have had to put up with continued disconnections for days.
I may end up just getting rid of the MikroTik routers at key locations and instead using something else. Starting to get too many issues with MikroTik. Good for distribution and customer equipment, not so good for the core