Community discussions

maddop
just joined
Topic Author

SXTSQ Lite 2 with no clear Line of Sight

Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:03 pm

Hi there,

I´m trying to assist a friend who has moved to a rural-ish area. The local ISP can provide the service to his home, but not to the warehouse, located 70 mts away (that´s 0.045 miles, or 76 yards).

So my Mikrotik provider suggested a couple of "SXTsq Lite 2" to link the buildings, using the 2.4 model to have better chances to cross the two lines of trees blocking the way.

These are not a "forest" but more like 2 disordered lines of tress along the entry roads.

The noise level should be pretty low in the area, and there is no terrain blocking the way.

My questions is how much of a chance do you think we have with these devices? I DO know you can only "guesstimate", it at best, but I have zero experience with this situation.

There is no chance of a refund if it doesn´t work so I thought I should ask and let my friend know in advance.

Thank you for any insight you might share.
Regards.

RogerWilco

Re: SXTSQ Lite 2 with no clear Line of Sight

Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:54 am

Without seeing the trees,and as long as you can see through in parts, I'd say yes. My link uses to SXT Lite 2 (2.2km) and goes through the foliage of a couple of eucalyptus and wattle trees on one end and through the leaves of two pin oaks on the other.

yHuKyM

Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:40 am

70 meters? Dig a shallow ditch and lay a cable. Or use some Poweline devices.

maddop
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:57 pm

70 meters? Dig a shallow ditch and lay a cable. Or use some Poweline devices.

Thank you but none of those are viable options in this case.
-

Without seeing the trees,and as long as you can see through in parts, I'd say yes. My link uses to SXT Lite 2 (2.2km) and goes through the foliage of a couple of eucalyptus and wattle trees on one end and through the leaves of two pin oaks on the other.

Great, thanks for your reply RogerWilco.
I guess my friend will say whether he is willing to try or not and I´ll post back if we go for it.
i´ve seen several posts of cases with these kind of devices beign succesfuly used for distances far larger than this, yet it seems it will be a bet at the roulette :)...

Regards.