Community discussions

MikroTik App

kiler129
Topic Author

Bunch of fried hAP ac - trash?

Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:41 am

After last thunderstorm I've got couple of hAP ac and they're currently in the box for recycling. I connected couple of them to the power the they all behave the same - PWR & SFP led are lit up, there's a beep at the beginning but nothing after (no dobule-beep). They're not booting, there's nothing visually burned on the board, they don't smell any more horrible that before ;)
Also there's no response to reset button.
What's funny while we replaced them with power supplies the ones which were connected to them seems to be alive.

Any debug steps I can try or they're scrap?

Dude2048
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Bunch of fried hAP ac - trash?

Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:53 am

For your own safety, scrap them...

mistry7
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:41 am

Die you try netinstal?

R1CH
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:14 pm

For your own safety, scrap them...
Seconding this. One time I tried to get some non-Routerboard boards working again after a thunderstorm. They seemed to power up but nothing was responsive, after a few minutes testing I smelled a burning smell. The A/C adapter was smoking and the power cable was extremely hot borderline melting. If I had left the room for a minute no doubt I would have a fire on my hands.

cdemers
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:02 am

Always good to have good lighting arresters on all network cables that go outside. Learned the hard way a long time ago. Very rarely have problems anymore and we get a fair amount of lightning here. Our one tower gets hit by lightning on a regular basis. Remember to tie the arrestor to a good ground.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk