Community discussions

MikroTik App

SergeiF
Topic Author

Is RB4011iGS+5HacQ2HnD ready?

Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:27 am

I completely lost my faith in my hAP AC I have, and having difficulties finding another hAP AC to test if the problem I having is specific to my hAP AC or whole range (and I am not keen on spending $130+USD on an experiment)...

I decided to go for nuclear option: RB4011.

Unfortunately, judging by this forum posts it seems the RB4011 is not ready, as seem to have many basic issues that Mikrotik should have picked up in testing.

So the question is is the RB4011 worth the money?
Locally it costs about $260USD, which is a fair bit of cash.

P.S. I suspect this post will be like my other post - mostly talking to myself :(.

Cha0s
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Is RB4011iGS+5HacQ2HnD ready?

Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:39 pm

I've got a few of the non wifi RB4011 models and I have no issues.
In fact I found that RB4011 was the only model that I could saturate the uplink with a single connection over IPsec, while others couldn't go much higher than 150Mbps (and that with multiple connections only). Granted, my configurations tend to be rather complicated, so with a vanilla install other models may be just as good in terms of IPsec performance.

I've recently got the wifi model, and so far I haven't got any issues with wifi (which is what I see most people complaining about). On the other hand I do not use wifi that much (besides fixed PtP long range links), so my opinion does not hold much weight on the matter.

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:57 pm

I decided to go for nuclear option: RB4011.

Unfortunately, judging by this forum posts it seems the RB4011 is not ready, as seem to have many basic issues that Mikrotik should have picked up in testing.

So the question is is the RB4011 worth the money?
Locally it costs about $260USD, which is a fair bit of cash.
So far, the problem with 5ghz has not been resolved. He is falling. Otherwise, there are no questions to RB4011. Question to the developers when they fix 5ghz.

With a 5ghz problem, 260USD is very expensive. In fact, you will join us, beta testers - forever aching. :D

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:59 pm

What problems do you have with hAP ac? It's one of the most popular MikroTik devices out there, used all over the world ...

and where did you read the RB4011 is not ready in some way?

Remember that people come to the forums only when something is not working, not when everything is great. Maybe 10 people come together with some rare issue in specific situation, but at the same time, there could be 400'000 happy users not coming to the forum

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:40 pm

Dear Normis
RB4011 wlan1 5ghz doesn't crash right?

Then officially declare that my colleagues and I have a defective batch. How long will we play this game?
Then I will order a new RB4011 in which there is no defect. How long will mikrotik personally torment me?

PS
[Ticket#2019022722003126] - When will it be decided? Everyone has this problem.

SergeiF
Topic Author

Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:45 pm

What problems do you have with hAP ac? It's one of the most popular MikroTik devices out there, used all over the world ...

Remember that people come to the forums only when something is not working, not when everything is great. Maybe 10 people come together with some rare issue in specific situation, but at the same time, there could be 400'000 happy users not coming to the forum
This is the problem I am having with the hAP AC:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=150441

Regarding the RB4011 not being ready, the main one is with 5GHz wlan turning off/crashing. Most of my wireless stuff is 5GHz. The SFP issue at this stage does not concern me (my 10GigE LAN is not routed at the moment, as all boxes in 10GigE also have 1GigE).

Edit: here is how one could reproduce (or not) the hAP AC issue I am having:
1) Have hAP AC setup as NAT router.
2) Have two machines on ethernet.
3) Have 100Mbit/s or better uplink.
4) One machine setup with openvpn/udp, and pushing ~5M/1M up/down traffic (I guess iperf is a way to do it?).
5) Another machine running iperf -R, watch it gradually slow down to 20-30Mbit/s overall bandwidth.

Notes: Fasttrack or not makes no difference. No QoS, mangling, marking or any other of packet manipulation. I have reset the device numerous times and manually reconfigure in Long Term and Stable releases without any improvement.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:24 am

TimurA what you say is misleading and incorrect. My colleague reports that your ticket describes an isolated incident and is not related to any other known issue. He also says your issue was already fixed in one of the RouterOS updates.

Other forum topic has yet a different problem, also limited to a few people.

RB4011 has no known widespread issues, not more than any other device. It works fine for thousands of people.

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:37 am

TimurA what you say is misleading and incorrect. My colleague reports that your ticket describes an isolated incident and is not related to any other known issue. He also says your issue was already fixed in one of the RouterOS updates.

Other forum topic has yet a different problem, also limited to a few people.

RB4011 has no known widespread issues, not more than any other device. It works fine for thousands of people.

Dear Normis,

I am very glad that you paid attention to my problem. I fundamentally disagree with you. This is not a special case. Read reviews on yandex market, nag.ru and so on. Also pay attention to the branch in this section: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=142298
This only happens on RB4011 5ghz. On other devices, this is not. This is a QCA9984 chip issue.

my ticket is from February 2019. I get all mikrotik devices from local distributors in Tashkent.
They listen to my conclusion about devices.
The situation with RB4011 5ghz does not please anyone.

PS
I really hope that you will solve this problem.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:39 am

Like I said, the problem in your ticket, and the issues in the other topic are completely unrelated. I confirmed this with Artūrs, who is in communication with you in the support ticket.

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:49 am

Like I said, the problem in your ticket, and the issues in the other topic are completely unrelated. I confirmed this with Artūrs, who is in communication with you in the support ticket.
Thank you very much Arthurs and Rudolfs. I hope they finds a solution.

Any specific findings? What is not connected? When the symptom is the same, wlan1 falls.

PS
So we already have no one interested in RB4011, except for me, I'm trying to make your device function without fail - wlan1