Community discussions

toxicfusion
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

RB US-LTE product - which is better?

Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:24 pm

Questions:

For USA-LTE-4G (mikrotik knows USA is 4G)

I'm compairing two products. they appear to have the same 4G/LTE modem (R11e modem)

RB912R-2nD-LTm&R11e-LTE-US
and
RBwAPR-2nD&R11e-LTE-US

Second is same enclosure as the current outdoor wAP AC products. but has the R11e chip.

questions:
1. which would have stronger 4G/LTE signal receive strength - depending on configuration? as same radio chip...
2. assuming both have FL.pigtail connectors on R11e?? I'm unsure if the circular cut-out marks on the RBwAPR (white enclosure) is for the FL.to SMA. pigtails?? If so, awesome!
3. What is really gained between either?? Same hardware specs??
4. is this just a size / enclosure difference??

Idea is that have clients (restaurants) where cellular failover, unsure which would be best - as some would require the external antenna mounted for signal helper.

NETGEAR has a nice product LB1120 and LB1120 -- but they're meant for indoor usage, non-outdoor. but plug-and-play config.

toxicfusion
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: RB US-LTE product - which is better?

Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:49 pm

Or wondering if should consider "RBLHGR&R11e-LTE-US" this dish antenna with the high 17db gain.... I can point toward cell tower location... cell coverage in this area is spotty in some area's due to city limited the addition and build of towers (beach side)

Otherwise, with the RB912R-2nD-LT. device (mini LTE unit) I would attach the mANT 5db using the FL. to SMA. But the costs will add-up and be more expensive.