Community discussions

MikroTik App

aerosmith9110
Topic Author

ccr1016-12s copper SFP question

Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:08 am

Hi All,

I am using a non MT SPF RJ45. Seems that everytime I reboot my router I need to reseat the SFP. Basically the router OS should already be running before you plug the copper SFP in for it to work. So, if you are remote and did a reboot then the copper interfaces would not come up....

Can anyone confirm if I but the copper SFP by mikrotik I won't have this problem?

I need people who have experienced this problem and not just think that it will work. I have several SFP and don't want to spend if not necessary just to have an officially recommended / branded SFP with the very same problem with the non MT ones.

Thanks.

guipoletto
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: ccr1016-12s copper SFP question

Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:22 am

Most likely you have a module with a Marvell chipset. They don't do Auto-negociation (only work in 1000/full forced), same config required at the other end.

Solution: Use the MTK copper module. Will save you a lifetime of headaches.

aerosmith9110
Topic Author

Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:33 am

Most likely you have a module with a Marvell chipset. They don't do Auto-negociation (only work in 1000/full forced), same config required at the other end.

Solution: Use the MTK copper module. Will save you a lifetime of headaches.
I actually hard coded the 1gbps. still having the problem... you mentioned marvel chipset.... have you experienced the problem and got the solution by changing to MTK? I am trying to make sure that the problem will go away after reboot.

guipoletto
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:52 am

Yup, the Atheros-based Mikrotik module supports auto-negociation, and just works.

I haven't seen any 'OEM' modules that are non-marvell based, so my experience may be different than yours. I tried them in CCRs and found that they're not worth the headache.

aerosmith9110
Topic Author

Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:07 am

Yup, the Atheros-based Mikrotik module supports auto-negociation, and just works.

I haven't seen any 'OEM' modules that are non-marvell based, so my experience may be different than yours. I tried them in CCRs and found that they're not worth the headache.
Great Thanks!