Community discussions

MikroTik App

lix5027
just joined
Topic Author

How to use QSFP+ port of CRS326-24S+2Q?

Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:20 am

I'm using [qsfp+ to 4sfp+] cable to connect 1072.

1. Use lacp mode ( bonding in CRS326 ) is right?

2. If bonding(LACP 820.3ad) is the only way of using qsfp, I want to know, Is the lacp of CRS326 24s 2q HW now?

or the 2 qsfp port just looks like 8 sfp+ port....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: How to use QSFP+ port of CRS326-24S+2Q?

Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:31 am

It's been explained (somewhere on this forum, can't find the right thread now) that QSFP ports present them selves differently depending on type of QSFP module plugged in.

If true QSFP-to-QSFP is plugged in, then single QSFP interface will be shown and it's speed will be 40 Gbps.

If QSFP-to-4xSFP+ is plugged in, then 4 SFP+ interfaces will be shown (as it is case in OP's post) and their individual speed will be 10 Gbps. These interfaces are independent of each other and should be configured as such (either truly independent or bonded or what not), just as if one used 4 ordinary SFP+ interfaces.

lix5027
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:14 am

It's been explained (somewhere on this forum, can't find the right thread now) that QSFP ports present them selves differently depending on type of QSFP module plugged in.

If true QSFP-to-QSFP is plugged in, then single QSFP interface will be shown and it's speed will be 40 Gbps.

If QSFP-to-4xSFP+ is plugged in, then 4 SFP+ interfaces will be shown (as it is case in OP's post) and their individual speed will be 10 Gbps. These interfaces are independent of each other and should be configured as such (either truly independent or bonded or what not), just as if one used 4 ordinary SFP+ interfaces.
I used QSFP->QSFP cable for connecting CRS326 -> HUAWEI CE6860 QSFP port.
the port is shutdown.(auto negotiation and choose 10G speed )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lix5027
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:45 am

Works now, thank you!

ernieball17
just joined

Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:41 pm

Hi! I'm trying to connect a CRS326 against an Arista SW. I'm taking a look to the post and my question is: I only have to check Auto Negotiation and 10G checkbox? This will allows the switches to link without a 4x10G Bonding?