Community discussions

ekerlostw
just joined
Topic Author

Hardware Request

Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:05 pm

For a long time, our engineers have been using map & map lite as remote hands device to give me access via wif&tethering to physical ports of some network staff, but there is one critical defect in this case - this hardware hasn't rs-232/console port-_-

it would be great to have a compact device that can be powered from 5V, 1 ethernet, 1 console port, Wi-Fi and, if possible in a compact package, LTE...

Kampfwurst
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Hardware Request

Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:16 pm

ekerlostw
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:46 pm

it is too big for engineers on foot - they already have full backpacks, need something pocket-sized.

chechito
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:40 am

i think rs232 will increase a lot the size of a map, map-lite only to add that feature, no sense

LtAP mini is already a small device, don't expect to see a smaller device with serial port

LtAP looks to be a rough device better suited to field usage

try woobm

https://mikrotik.com/product/woobm

ekerlostw
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:41 am

i think rs232 will increase a lot the size of a map, map-lite only to add that feature, no sense

LtAP mini is already a small device, don't expect to see a smaller device with serial port

LtAP looks to be a rough device better suited to field usage

try woobm

https://mikrotik.com/product/woobm
The console is also in the form of Rj45. Woobm is completely useless in this case - not access to this device is interesting, but access to other network equipment via the console port. Configure a new Cisco, reset the switch, etc.