Community discussions

MikroTik App

tom65
Topic Author

CRS326 hybrid vlan ports

Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:11 am

Hi, I would like to do a simple setup of multiple CRS326 switches with data having no vlans but voice having one vlan across all switches. I believe this calls for hybrid ports everywhere. This design is dictated by the client. I researched this but seems the hybrid capability is not a standard feature and is sometimes referred to as special case.

I basically only need the phones to be in another virtual LAN as the data which will reside in the default, but this must be true for all ports on all switches.

Please comment to the route to be taken as best practice with CRS3XX latest ROS not SWOS

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: CRS326 hybrid vlan ports  [SOLVED]

Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:00 am

It should be doable in SwOS, but I don't have any experience with it what so ever. It should be doable in ROS as well ... something like this:
/interface bridge
add name=bridge vlan-filtering=yes
/interface bridge port
add bridge=bridge interface=ether1 ingress-filtering=yes [pvid=N]
add bridge=bridge interface=ether2 ingress-filtering=yes [pvid=N]
add bridge=bridge interface=ether3 ingress-filtering=yes [pvid=N]
/interface bridge vlan
add bridge=bridge tagged=ether1,ether2,ether3 vlan-ids=<VoIP VLAN ID>
[ add bridge=bridge untagged=ether1,ether2,ether3 vlan-ids=N ]

In the example above I included some optional properties/commands written inside square brackets []. The behaviour you want (hybrid ports, VoIP tagged and the rest untagged) can be obtained without the optional parts. However I'm firm believer in all-tagged approach ... which means that if there's some tagged traffic handled by switch, then all of it should be tagged inside the switch. This approach also allows to segment the switch into two (or more) untagged logical switches ... i.e. untagged ports, belonging to different (internal) VLANs, don't communicate between each other.

Note that the above code is quite incomplete ... there are other properties to be set on bridge (e.g. frame-types=admit-only-vlan-tagged if switch is set up as all-tagged) and one has to take care about management access to the device itself.

Note2: only single bridge per device can be fully HW-offloaded. So in reality one should adapt settings of existing bridge rather than create another one for a few specific ports.

tom65
Topic Author

Re: CRS326 hybrid vlan ports

Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:33 am

Thanks, I take note concerning all tagged in switch. I believe this will work for me. I Appreciate your well explained answer.