Community discussions

Mikebugz
just joined
Topic Author

Antenna mod for hAP ac2 (RBD52G-5HacD2HnD-TC)

Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:41 am

I have this small router and love it except the wireless coverage. I found there seems to be 2 U.FL IPEX1 female ports on the board, just wanted to know if I am correct and if anyone successful added external antennas onto it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

krafg

Re: Antenna mod for hAP ac2 (RBD52G-5HacD2HnD-TC)

Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:31 pm

I'm not sure if it is a well known connector like u.fl, but you can try to connect a small antenna to it by some way and see if works. Probably works, it says that works with 2,4Ghz and 5Ghz antennas. The most probably recommended is atatch a dual band antenna to use both chains.

Regards.
If you want to know my network, you can find it here.

xvo
Long time Member
Long time Member

Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:57 pm

You will probably need to unsolder or reposition some resistors to disconnect internal antennas and connect your own.
Better contact support directly on this.

ArtursL
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:48 pm

Those are SWD coaxial switch connectors. You can plug into it using something like this: http://www.woken.com.tw/product_00100A1 ... _spec.html
Different manufacturers call this connector differently.
It works like a switch - if you plug into it, a path to the antenna will break and signal will go only to the connector.
With this connector usually, there is no need for soldering to hijack the signal through the connector.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:49 pm

I would just like to add, that these are used for internal debugging, they are not meant for antennas, and you will have difficulty finding the needed adapters. But they could work as antennas.
No answer to your question? How to write posts

Mikebugz
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:50 am

Those are SWD coaxial switch connectors. You can plug into it using something like this: http://www.woken.com.tw/product_00100A1 ... _spec.html
Different manufacturers call this connector differently.
It works like a switch - if you plug into it, a path to the antenna will break and signal will go only to the connector.
With this connector usually, there is no need for soldering to hijack the signal through the connector.
Thanks! I am in Taipei now, will try to find these connectors today.